How Dane Helps Clients
Dane’s practice focuses on commercial litigation.
Prior to joining Buchanan, Dane was an associate with a full-service Florida law firm, where he was a member of the firm’s product liability and aviation practice groups. He has also served as a Constitutional Law Fellow with the Institute for Justice in Miami, and while still in law school, Dane served as a Judicial Intern for The Hon. Spencer D. Levine, Fla. 4th DCA. From this diverse range of experience, Dane has added skills and strategies to his litigation toolbox that have helped him stand apart as an effective litigator and team member, adept at identifying key issues at all stages of the litigation in order to achieve the best possible outcomes for his clients.
While in law school, Dane served as Editor-in-Chief of the FIU Law Review, won best brief and best orator on his way to winning his law school’s Appellate Advocacy Competition, arguing in the final before the Florida Supreme Court. He was also a member of the Appellate Advocacy Team, Trial Team, and received two CALI Excellence for the Future Awards in Legal Skills and Values II and in Administrative Law. However, Dane’s most cherished law school honor was the selection by his peers to speak to them at graduation.
What Clients Can Expect
Dane combines hard work, diligent study, and open communication to provide his clients the peace of mind they sought when entrusting him with their case. He handles each client’s case efficiently, effectively, and expeditiously to obtain for them the most beneficial result possible.
Outside the Office
Dane enjoys watching his Denver Broncos and Kansas State Wildcats, as well as playing football, basketball, soccer when and where he can find the like-minded crew that, like him, is old enough to know better than to keep playing but is still too young to care. Outside of sports, Dane enjoys spending time with his (growing) family, traveling, strength/athletic training, and reading.
- Represented small business owners against the City of Fort Pierce challenging the Constitutionality of Fort Pierce’s anti-competitive restrictions on the operation of their business, ultimately winning a preliminary injunction before the City fully repealed its offending ordinance.
- Successfully defended Fortune 500 companies in multi-million-dollar products liability cases, achieving dismissal, summary judgment, or de minimis settlement amounts on behalf of clients.
- Successfully defended client and their drivers in numerous trucking defense cases, achieving dismissal or de minimis settlement amounts.
Florida International University College of Law, J.D., 2018
Friends University, B.S., magna cum laude , Health Management and Physical Education
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida