PITTSBURGH – August 2, 2021 – Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney’s Government Relations team of Charles Kolling, Randy Vulakovich, Erin Molchany and Joseph Murzyn worked with a number of Pittsburgh region’s cultural institutions to help them obtain federal Shuttered Venue Operators Grants provided by the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA).
Specifically, Buchanan assisted the following:
- $8,000,000 for the Pittsburgh Cultural Trust
- $4,174,084 for the Carnegie Museums of Pittsburgh
- $3,563,014 for the Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra
- $2,688,395 for the Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre
- $101,768 for Point Park University
According to the SBA, the grants are earmarked for payroll, rent, mortgage and utility payments, scheduled debt payments, worker protection expenditures, payments to independent contractors, maintenance and administrative costs, state and local taxes, insurance, operating leases in effect as of Feb. 15, 2020, advertising, production transportation and capital expenditures related to producing a theatrical or live performing arts production.