Lynn Freeman counsels major financial institutions, underwriters, 501(c)3 corporations, governmental and other entities in public finance transactions.
Lynn has broad experience in virtually every role in a public finance transaction, including as bond counsel, bank's counsel, letter of credit bank's counsel, underwriter's counsel, borrower's counsel, issuer's counsel and trustee's counsel.
Armed with an MBA degree, finance experience with Conoco Oil Company prior to law school and other real world business experiences, Lynn has a greater understanding of client goals and objectives and delivers legal services accordingly.
Lynn has represented clients in financings involving colleges and universities, health care providers, continuing care retirement communities, public and private secondary schools, state and local governments and municipal and state authorities, among others. She is experienced in a variety of financing structures, including revenue bonds, general obligation bonds, industrial development bonds, tax increment financings, student loan bonds, derivative products, leasings, fixed and variable rate instruments and secured and collateralized obligations, as well as public offerings and private placement transactions.
Having varied experience has provided Lynn with the tools to effectively negotiate and document transactions. It has also provided her with valuable insights into market norms and transaction expectations from a variety of perspectives. Lynn brings this know-how to each and every representation, communicating it with clarity, delivering it with dependability and applying it with professionalism.
As bond counsel:
- Planned, structured and coordinated legal aspects of tax-exempt financing transactions, consulting with and advising issuers and borrowers on a wide array of finance-related legal matters.
- Drafted loan agreements, trust indentures, bonds and notes, closing documents, ordinances, resolutions and legal opinions related to the forgoing.
- Coordinated all legal aspects of financing from initial planning stages to final closing.
As bank counsel:
- Represented banks extending credit facilities in tax-exempt financing transactions.
- Drafted financing agreements, reimbursement agreements, letters of credit and standby bond purchase agreements.
- Reviewed and negotiated financing documents on behalf of banks.
As underwriter's counsel:
- Represented underwriters of debt obligations in tax-exempt financing transactions.
- Drafted offering documents, remarketing agreements and bond purchase agreements.
- Reviewed and negotiated financing documents on behalf of underwriters.
As borrower's counsel:
- Represented entities borrowing on a tax-exempt basis.
- Reviewed and negotiated financing documents on behalf of borrowers.
As conduit issuer's counsel:
- Represented conduit issuers in tax-exempt financing transactions.
- Reviewed and negotiated financing documents on behalf of conduit issuers.
As trustee's counsel:
- Represented trustee banks in municipal finance transactions.
- Reviewed and negotiated financing documents on behalf of trustee banks.
Lynn was selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America® list from 2015-2018.
University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Law, J.D., 1998, with distinction, Dean's List
University of Missouri-Kansas City, M.B.A., 1997
University of Nebraska at Lincoln, B.S., 1991, Finance and Economics
National Association of Bond Lawyers
Member, Board of Directors, Pennsylvania Association of Bond Lawyers
Allegheny County Bar Association