Andrew Hope has experience in a wide variety of litigation matters and focuses his practice primarily in the areas of consumer defense, including ADA, FCRA, FDCPA and TCPA claims, as well as general commercial disputes. He has represented clients in state and federal court, including a global telecommunications company, a regional healthcare system, a student loan servicer and a prominent New York-based real estate development and management corporation. Andrew has also represented state agencies and companies in the pharmaceutical, medical device, financial services and apparel industries.
Andrew’s collaborative, problem-solving approach is the cornerstone of his commitment to innovative and efficient client service.
Representative work includes:
- Won dismissal of putative FCRA class action on behalf of transit authority.
- Defeated FDCPA and FCRA claims in E.D. Pa., S.D.N.Y., E.D. Mich., D.S.C. and E.D. Wis.
- Obtained walk-away settlement of FDCPA class action in E.D.N.Y.
- Won appeal of trial verdict on behalf of medical device manufacturer.
- Won appeal of arbitration award on behalf of vending services company.
- Represented state agency in connection with breach of contract and business tort actions.
- Represented generic drug manufacturer in connection with breach of licensing agreement.
- Defended ADA website accessibility class action claims.
- Defended abuse of process and intentional tort claims asserted against condominium board.
- Represented beverage maker and amateur athletic organization in antitrust matters.
- Won dismissal of antitrust counterclaims asserted against hotel complex in Florida state court.
- Represented pharmaceutical industry client in connection with criminal antitrust investigation.
- Defeated fraud and breach of contract claims asserted against estate administrator and executor in connection with art repatriation case.
- Helped obtain voluntary dismissal of antitrust claims asserted against telecommunications company.
- Represented commercial real estate developer in complex litigation arising out of events on 9/11/2001.
- Obtained dismissal of tort claims asserted against religious order on First Amendment grounds.
- Advised township board of supervisors with respect to land use practices.
Andrew is dedicated to community service and ensuring access to quality legal representation for those in need, having handled pro bono matters through Sanctuary for Families and the E.D. Pa. Prisoner Civil Rights Panel.
Andrew is a member of the Board of Trustees of Cristo Rey Philadelphia High School, serving as Chair of the Governance Committee. He previously served on the board of the Bethesda Project and has volunteered in aid of Be The Match, St. Jude Children's Research Hospital and Big Brothers Big Sisters of America.
Prior to joining Buchanan, Andrew practiced law in New York, where he served as a member of the New York City Bar Association Professional Ethics Committee and as Secretary of the New York City Bar Association Art Law Committee. While in law school, he was Vice President of the Entertainment, Arts and Sports Law Society (EASLS) and served as an assistant for the Columbia Law School Negotiations Workshop.
Andrew was selected for inclusion in the 2021 Pennsylvania Rising Stars® list.
Columbia Law School, J.D., 2010
University of Virginia, B.A., 2004
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
Cristo Rey Philadelphia High School