How Bill Helps Clients
Bill concentrates his practice on ERISA, employee benefits law and executive compensation matters. Bill has extensive experience with matters involving multiemployer trust funds and with handling withdrawal liability claims, delinquent contribution claims, controlled group liability claims and alter ego/successor liability claims that arise in the ERISA context.
Bill also has represented companies in a variety of employment and complex commercial ligation matters. These include age, gender and disability discrimination claims before the EEOC, unfair labor practice charges before the NLRB, as well as breach of contract, tortious interference, breach of fiduciary duty and unfair business practice claims.
What Clients Can Expect
Bill strives to offer his clients the best legal representation available through creative problem solving, zealous advocacy, careful attention to detail and hard work.
Nothing gives me greater satisfaction than knowing that I have served my client well.
Outside the Office
When he is not in the office, Bill enjoys spending time with his wife and two sons, water skiing and running. He has run the Pittsburgh Marathon for four consecutive years and is working toward achieving a qualifying time for the Boston Marathon.
- Represented multiple Taft-Hartley Funds in multi-million dollar ERISA benefits litigation in both federal and state court.
- Assisted a public employer prepare for and appropriately respond to a unionized workforce threatening to strike.
- Defended a medical provider in a qui tam action involving claims under the False Claims Act and the Anti-Kickback Statute.
- Defended a local municipality for breach of contract claims in a grievance arbitration.
- Obtained a defense verdict for a utility company sued for property damage and trespass in connection with the maintenance of electric utility lines.
University of Pittsburgh School of Law, J.D., 2013, magna cum laude; Order of the Coif; Senior Articles Editor, University of Pittsburgh Law Review
Duquesne University, B.A., 2010, summa cum laude
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
Allegheny County Bar Association
Pennsylvania Bar Association
National Pancreas Foundation Young Professionals, Board Member
Fairways Condominium Association, Vice President
St. Nicholas Orthodox Church, active parishioner