Tyler S. Dischinger focuses his practice on creditors' rights, bankruptcy and commercial real estate matters. Tyler frequently represents CMBS lenders and special servicers, as well as secured and unsecured creditors in matters involving commercial foreclosures, receiverships, workouts and complex litigation related to commercial loans.
Among his recent representative experience, Tyler has:
- Represented secured lenders in state court collection matters involving commercial foreclosures, receiverships, consensual private auctions and replevin actions;
- Negotiated and drafted forbearance agreements, loan modifications and credit agreement amendments for lender clients;
- Represented clients in a variety of bankruptcy matters, including a stalking-horse bidder in a Section 363 bankruptcy auction sale, general preference defense actions, filing proofs of claim including those related to lease-rejection damages claims, drafting first-day motions in connection with representation of a company preparing to file for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection, as well as the preparation and facilitation of a pre-packaged bankruptcy case;
- Represented clients in various commercial real estate matters including lot-line adjustments and related partial mortgage releases, negotiation and drafting of agreements both creating and terminating easements, negotiation and drafting of commercial leases.
Prior to receiving his law degree, Tyler was a summer intern for the Honorable Judge Joy Flowers Conti, the current Chief Judge of the Federal District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania. There, he undertook legal research on complex litigation matters and assisted in drafting memoranda.
Tyler was a 2011 summer associate in Buchanan's Pittsburgh office.
University of Pittsburgh School of Law, J.D., 2012, cum laude; Order of the Coif; lead articles editor, Journal of Law and Commerce; CALI Award for Excellence in Mergers & Aquisitions
The Pennsylvania State University, Schreyer Honors College, B.A., 2009, with honors, Political Science; B.A., Economics
- Pennsylvania Western District Court
- Pennsylvania Western District Bankruptcy Court
Turnaround Management Association
American Bankruptcy Institute