How Terry Helps Clients
Terry is a seasoned litigator in collection actions and judgment enforcement.
He has extensive workout and recovery experience representing commercial banks, aviation lenders, equipment financiers and equipment lessors and has prosecuted recovery actions in state court and federal court (including bankruptcy court) involving aircraft (planes and helicopters), watercraft, tractor trailers, mining and industrial equipment, specialized equipment, recreational vehicles and motor vehicles.
He regularly defends a national lender against consumer related lender liability claims asserted in connection with residential mortgage foreclosures and automobile recovery actions, including claims under the Fair Credit Reporting Act, the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, the Truth-in-Lending Act, the Unfair or Deceptive Trade Practices Act and the Telephone Consumer Protection Act among other federal and state consumer protection laws.
Terry also provides advice and counsel to garnishees in Pennsylvania.
What Clients Can Expect
Terry is a strong advocate for his clients. He takes the time to understand the business and legal issues involved; works toward practical, efficient solutions; and genuinely cares about his clients' success.
Clients can also expect “hyper-responsive” support. It's Terry's habit to respond to calls and emails within the same day.
I believe an attorney should be proactive and instructive, to help clients avoid problems before they happen. If problems do arise, I believe they should be dealt with swiftly and economically.
Outside the Office
When not working, Terry looks forward to being at home to spend time with his wife and their two sons. He also stays active with strength training, karate and volunteer work for special needs children.
- Selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America 2018 and 2019 for Bankruptcy & Creditor Debtor Rights and Insolvency & Reorganization Law.
- Selected by peers to Pennsylvania’s Super Lawyers® Rising Stars list in 2005 and 2006.
- Contributing editor, West's Pennsylvania Forms: Debtor-Creditor, a form-book series for practitioners in Pennsylvania.
Duquesne University School of Law, J.D., 1998
Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania, B.A., 1990, cum laude
- Supreme Court of the United States (SCOTUS)
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
American Bar Association
Allegheny County Bar Association
Miracle League of Southwestern Pennsylvania, Board Member, Team Manager
Seneca Valley Foundation for the Seneca Valley School District, Trustee