How Robert Helps Clients
Rob is an associate in the firm’s Energy Section, and he assists clients with a variety of energy-related matters, including environmental regulation and complex litigation.
Before joining the firm, Rob was a judicial intern to Judge Arthur J. Schwab of the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania and a law clerk to Judge William S. Stickman IV of the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania. Rob earned his J.D., magna cum laude, from the University of Massachusetts School of Law, where he held a number of editorial and leadership positions, including Lead Editor of the UMass Law Review, Vice President of the Student Animal Legal Defense Fund, Massachusetts Bar Representative, Dean’s Fellow, and Research Assistant to the UMass Law Library.
As a young attorney, Rob has a unique ability to convey complex issues in plain English, and he has something that’s hard to come by without years of practice: instincts.
- Assisted large natural gas production company and related companies with favorably settling multi-million dollar contractual disputes arising out of midstream service contracts.
- Assisted large natural gas production company in class litigation involving contractual and unfair trade practices claims stemming from convertible debenture agreements.
- Assisted international energy company in litigation involving contractual and statutory claims brought by former executive officer.
- Assisted international energy and commodity trading company with litigation stemming from environmental groups’ appeal of permit authorizing stormwater discharges associated with a solar farm project.
- Assisted international energy company in litigation involving contractual and tortious claims brought against a former international employee.
- Assisted large natural gas production company with favorably recovering millions of dollars stemming from purchase of defective equipment.
- Assisted large natural gas production company with favorably settling statutory discrimination claims brought by transportation company.
- Assisted energy client with successfully obtaining preliminary injunction to prevent the unauthorized obstruction of the client’s easement.
- Received the “John Adams and John Quincy Adams Pro Bono Publico Award” from the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court Standing Committee on Pro Bono Legal Services for pro bono work completed during law school.
- Received the “Jeremiah A. Ho Excellence in Editing Award” from the UMass Law Review for outstanding editing as a Lead Editor of the UMass Law Review.
University of Massachusetts School of Law, J.D., 2020, magna cum laude
Missouri Southern State University, B.A., 2017, Accounting