How Nyasha Helps Clients
Nyasha's work includes assisting professionals and companies in permanent residence cases (including multinational executives, intracompany transferees, professional and skilled workers, extraordinary ability individuals, entertainers) and nonimmigrant petitions (including H-1B, J, L-1A/L-1B, O-1, TN). Nyasha also assists individuals and families in family-based immigration matters including permanent residence applications and naturalization.
Nyasha’s immigration work has also included representing minors seeking immigrant juvenile status in proceedings before the immigration court and representing the parents of unaccompanied minors in custody and guardianship hearings. She is skilled at research and analysis of immigration law and over the years has become comfortable communicating with government agencies on behalf of her clients. While in law school at the University of Maryland Francis King Carey School of Law she was a student attorney in the Small Firm Immigration Practice Clinic where she advocated for clients and gained hands-on experience with family-based immigration matters and asylum hearings. In addition, she has several years of experience working as a business immigration law clerk and paralegal, which gave her the opportunity to familiarize herself with various immigration-related court documents and develop her research and legal analysis abilities.
Nyasha is also experienced in various stages of litigation and has served as a second chair at trials.
Nyasha was named to "Top 40 Under 40" in Pennsylvania by the National Black Lawyers in 2020 and also received a 2021, 2022 and 2023 Best Lawyers: Ones To Watch recognition for Immigration Law and Labor and Employment Law: Employee. She currently serves as Co-Chair of the American Immigration Lawyers Association, Philadelphia Chapter Customs and Border Protection Liaison Committee.
What Clients Can Expect
Nyasha is a diligent advocate for her clients. As an immigrant herself, she understands exactly what her clients are going through and can guide them through the process based on a combination of her own experience as well as her legal acumen. She always ensures all her clients’ needs are met.
“Committed to assisting corporations and individuals navigate the complex immigration landscape – behind each application is a person or even an entire family, my goal is to help them realize their dream”
Outside the Office
Nyasha is a certified group fitness instructor and loves teaching dance fitness classes as well as taking dance classes and exercising. When she is not practicing law or teaching dance, she is spending time with her husband and their adopted pup.
Nyasha was born in Trinidad and Tobago and came to the United States at the age of 19. She enjoys visiting her family in the Caribbean, volunteering through providing pro bono services and engaging in activities that allow her to experience different international cultures.
- Assist clients with the preparation, filing, and effective management of business and family immigration petitions and applications, including H-1B, L-1A, L-1B, O-1, TN, I-140 petitions (EB-1, EB-2, EB-3), I-485 applications, as well as I-130 petitions and I-485 applications.
- Respond to Department of Labor PERM Audits and Requests for Evidence from USCIS.
- Assist in the development of case strategy for business immigration filings and immigration filings for dependents.
- Research and analyze issues that may affect immigrant and nonimmigrant admissibility.
- Assist clients with naturalization applications.
- Secure visas and permanent residency for individuals of extraordinary ability such as scientists and models
- Secure visas and permanent residency for multinational executives and intracompany transferees for global corporations
University of Maryland Francis King Carey School of Law, J.D., 2007
Morgan State University, B.A., 2003, magna cum laude, Political Science
- Pennsylvania (Limited to Immigration)
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- American Immigration Lawyers Association of Philadelphia - CBP Liaison Committee, Co-Chair
- National Bar Association, Women Lawyers Division
- Catholic Charities of Baltimore Volunteer Immigration Attorney
- The Barrister’s Association of Philadelphia, Inc
- Leadership York Class of 2013
- Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.