How Nicole Helps Clients
Nicole focuses exclusively in the areas of bankruptcy, business restructuring and creditor’s rights and works with creditors, debtors, fiduciaries, trustees, creditors’ committees, restructuring officers and all other parties on the bankruptcy spectrum. She often uses her significant experience as a board certified Business Bankruptcy attorney to help both large and small business owners and high net worth individuals stave off or solve their financial challenges during difficult times and emerge profitable on the other side. Recognized for her leadership in the practice area, Nicole is an American Bankruptcy Institute 2022 “40 Under 40” honoree.
Because she has represented clients on all sides of a bankruptcy case, Nicole is able to use that know-how to provide sound counsel to her clients and develop a winning strategy – of significant importance for businesses that are looking to downsize but remain operational. Nicole is also especially skilled at keeping parties out of bankruptcy by negotiating mutually beneficial out of court workouts.
Nicole has successfully obtained confirmation of plans of reorganization for a number of small businesses, including schools and real estate related companies, and has obtained bankruptcy discharges for high net worth individuals and local business owners. Additionally, Nicole routinely represents purchasers of assets and other interested parties in chapter 11, chapter 7, chapter 12, and chapter 13 bankruptcy and out-of-court proceedings.
Nicole has also represented traditional lenders, as well as hedge and investment funds in the enforcement of their rights against their collateral as well as in the execution of judgment or other collection efforts.
What Clients Can Expect
Clients often cite Nicole’s wealth of experience, coupled with her out-of-the-box thinking as her greatest strengths and why they enjoy working with her. Clients also appreciate her responsive and prompt communication style. She is dynamic, energetic, and truly invested in her clients’ cases and their ultimate success.
- American Bankruptcy Institute “40 Under 40” honoree, 2022
- Pro Bono Bankruptcy Award, Dade Legal Aid, 2016
- Greatest Overall Excellence in Advocacy Award, Florida International University College of Law, 2010
- Most Outstanding Contribution to the Board of Advocates Award, Florida International University College of Law, 2010
- CALI Excellence – Consumer Bankruptcy Clinic, Florida International University College of Law, 2010
- Former Vice President of Negotiations Team, Florida International University College of Law, 2010
- ABA National Negotiation Finals Competition, 2009, Finalist
- ABA Southeast Regional Negotiation Competition, 2008, 1st Place
- Served as counsel for a Behavioral Analysis Center in a small business chapter 11 reorganization
- Representation of real estate based secured creditors and lenders in BK Court
- Representation of BioNitrogen Holdings Corp. in a chapter 11 protection matter
- Representation of national clinical research organization in its chapter 11 filing
- Counsel to several private school debtors in successful chapter 11 reorganizations
- Representation of chapter 7 trustee in the liquidation of construction company, filed over 30 adversary proceedings and produced large returns for creditors
- Representation of chapter 7 trustee in the liquidation of an operating real estate company
- Coordinated and held competitive auction for the sale of the company’s real estate listings and produced large returns for creditors
Florida International University College of Law, J.D.
Florida International University, B.A., cum laude
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- Board Certified, Business Bankruptcy Law, American Board of Certification
- Member, American Bankruptcy Institute
- Director, Florida Lawyers Network, Coral Gables Chapter
- Member, Bankruptcy Bar Association
- Member, International Women’s Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation
- Former Bankruptcy Bar Association of the Southern District of Florida, Miami Brown Bag Chairperson
- Bankruptcy Bar Association of the Southern District of Florida, Pro-Se Clinic Chairperson
- Member, Florida Bar Business Law Section
- Dade Legal Aid Fellows’ Leadership Academy, Inaugural Class
- Pro bono representation of Spanish speaking persons who do not otherwise have the financial resources to afford an attorney