How Monica Helps Clients
Monica Simmons is an associate in the Labor and Employment section of the firm’s Philadelphia office.
Monica’s legal practice focuses on representing employers in a variety of employment matters, including gender, race, national origin, religion, disability, sexual orientation and age discrimination claims, sexual harassment and hostile work environment matters, whistleblowers claims, wrongful discharge, wage and hour matters, business torts, and other state law and constitutional claims.
Monica has represented both public and private employers in matters before various administrative agencies and in state and federal courts throughout Pennsylvania. She also has experience litigating collective and class action wage and hour suits under the Fair Labor Standards Act and state wage and hour laws.
What Clients Can Expect
A former journalist and criminal prosecutor, Monica is a natural storyteller. She works with her clients to identify a narrative and present powerful cases to both judges and juries.
Outside the Office
When she is not in the office, Monica enjoys lifting weights, playing drums, and serving her South Philadelphia community.
- Successfully defended a municipality in a whistleblower case.
- Successfully obtained the dismissal of disability discrimination claims on behalf of a large private corporation.
- Represented a major nonprofit organization in several EEOC investigations into claims of race and disability discrimination.
- Defeated a class certification motion in an off-the-clock wage-and-hour matter pending in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania.
- Secured summary judgment for a mid-sized company in a disability discrimination and FMLA retaliation case.
Drexel University Thomas R. Kline School of Law, J.D., 2012
University of Delaware, B.A., English
- U.S. District Court for the District of Delaware
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
Philadelphia Bar Association