How Michael Helps Clients
Michael Truncellito represents employers in all areas of employment law, but concentrates his practice on employment discrimination and retaliation. He counsels clients on state and federal employment laws and provides guidance on matters including reductions in force, hiring, discharge and disciplinary action.
Michael is experienced in litigation of employment discrimination claims in state/federal courts and before administrative agencies, wage and hour class and collective actions, enforcement of restrictive covenants, employment counseling, workforce training and internal investigations.
Prior to joining the firm, Michael dedicated a portion of his practice to defending municipalities and police departments in complex civil rights litigation across Pennsylvania. Michael attended Villanova University Law School and served as an associate editor of the Law Review. While in law school, Michael worked as a law clerk at PayPal. As an undergraduate at the University of Maryland, he spent two years interning at the Department of Justice.
What Clients Can Expect
Michael is known for his strategic and results-oriented approach. Likewise, he prides himself on understanding his clients’ needs and expectations in order to ensure the most favorable outcomes.
Outside the Office
When he is not in the office, Michael enjoys golfing and spending time with his wife - not necessarily in that order.
- Successfully defended Fortune 500 in age discrimination claim brought by former employee in the Western District of Pennsylvania
- Successfully defended Fortune 500 company in complex discrimination claim brought by a disabled former employee
- Successfully defended Fortune 500 company in ERISA claim brought by former employee
- Successfully defended Fortune 500 company in disability discrimination claim brought by former employee in the Southern District of Ohio
- Successfully defended Fortune 500 company in disability discrimination claim brought by former employee in New Jersey Superior Court
- Michael has been named to Super Lawyers’ Pennsylvania “Rising Stars” list consistently since 2016.
Michael was recognized by Best Lawyers in America© Ones to Watch in 2022 & 2023 in the areas of Labor and Employment Law – Management; Litigation - Labor and Employment.
Villanova University School of Law, J.D., 2010
University of Maryland, B.A., 2007
- New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
Philadelphia Bar Association
Montgomery County Bar Association
Michael represents destitute clients through the Homeless Advocacy Project, a nonprofit, public interest organization that provides legal aid and counseling to the homeless.