How Michael Helps Clients
Michael J. Kincade, Jr. (Mickey) focuses his practice in all areas of labor and employment law, but concentrates his practice on employment discrimination and retaliation. Michael counsels clients on state and federal employment laws, provides guidance on personnel decisions and disciplinary matters.
Mickey has extensive experience in the litigation of employment discrimination and hostile work environment claims in both state and federal court and before administrative agencies, the enforcement of non-competition agreements, counseling clients on internal investigations and various other employment matters, including FMLA claims, work place policies, and requests for accommodations under the ADA.
Prior to joining the Firm, Mickey devoted a significant portion of his practice to the representation of both private and public employers in an array of civils rights and employment discrimination cases and frequently handled the enforcement of non-competition agreements on behalf of corporate clients. Mickey graduated from Villanova University School of Law. While in law school, Mickey worked as an intern for the Insurance Fraud Section of the Pennsylvania Office of Attorney General and served the local community through the Homeless Advocacy Project. After graduation, he clerked for the Honorable Richard J. Hodgson in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania before beginning his litigation career.
What Clients Can Expect
Mickey prides himself on his availability and responsiveness to his clients. Mickey believes that maintaining clear and open lines of communication with his clients is equally as important as mastering the complex legal issues of a case. Mickey approaches each case like a competition; and he considers communication and consistent preparation essential to achieving a successful outcome for the client.
I believe that consistent hard work and preparation dictate your results, regardless of the arena.
Outside the Office
Mickey is a New Orleans native and proud member of the Who Dat Nation, who now resides in South Jersey with his wife and stepson. When he is not in the office, he enjoys exercising, playing with his rambunctious dog, and watching sports.
- Successfully Defended a Fortune 500 Company in a challenging hostile work environment case involving a former employee.
- Successfully enforced multiple non-competition agreements on behalf of corporate clients.
- Secured early dismissal of First Amendment retaliation claims on behalf a local municipality.
Villanova University School of Law, J.D., 2009
Boston College, B.A., 2006, Political Science
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- Lions Club of Wenonah, New Jersey
- Krewe of Carrollton, New Orleans