How Mary Helps Clients
With more than two decades of experience in law, business, and human resources, Mary understands the importance of practical solutions in the practice of law. She provides advice to businesses of all sizes, as well as senior executives. Mary’s practice is three-fold: advice to avoid disputes; methods for early resolution of disputes, including negotiation and mediation; and, if necessary, litigation to protect her clients’ interests. A Certified Professional in Human Resources – California® (PHRca®), Mary is admitted to practice in both California and Tennessee.
What Clients Can Expect
Mary is practical. She knows how to balance legal realities with business goals. With her extensive experience running businesses and managing employees, she knows that the advice she provides must not only be legally correct, but understandable and actionable.
Outside the Office
Mary is an accomplished yoga instructor and Dragon Boat coach (and occasional competitor). She splits her time between Philadelphia and San Diego, and wants to learn how to paddleboard in the surf.
- Represented multiple financial services companies with development of policies, procedures, and written documentation from early stages through significant growth.
- Represented member of board of directors in claims for unpaid wages in California, resulting in complete victory for client.
- Represented client in class action alleging violations of California Labor Code.
- Served as counsel for dispute involving Tennessee law.
University of Memphis, J.D.
Western Kentucky University, A.B., Psychology/ Sociology
Society for Human Resource Management, member
- California Rural Legal Assistance, Inc.
- San Diego Volunteer Lawyer Program
- Judge for American Mock Trial Association Competition