Kendra L. Gaugush focuses her practice on commercial real estate litigation and lending, and general real estate matters. She has extensive experience in commercial and residential foreclosures, lender liability and commercial leasing.
She also handles matters involving construction and permanent financing, property acquisition and development, landlord/tenant disputes, condominium and homeowners associations, title insurance, eminent domain and telecommunication leasing and litigation.
Kendra represents clients such as banks, lending institutions and special servicers, real property management companies and developers and telecommunication companies.
On behalf of her clients, Kendra has:
- Represented major financial institutions in complex foreclosures of office buildings, shopping centers, housing developments, condominium projects, restaurants, and raw land; as well as in enforcement and collection of guaranty agreements, workouts, and loan restructuring.
- Defended lender liability claims of fraud, usury, breach of fiduciary duty, negligent misrepresentation, breach of duty of good faith and fair dealing, and violation of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act.
- Litigated a variety of other real estate matters including commercial lease disputes, contract claims, title insurance claims, quiet title suits, boundary disputes, tax deed litigation, and claims arising out of survey errors, submerged lands, restrictive covenants and easements.
- Served as lead trial counsel in Florida state court actions.
- Negotiated and drafted loan documents, forbearance agreements, leases and license agreements, telecommunications leases and amendments, and contracts for purchase and sale of real property.
Kendra has garnered an AV® Preeminent distinction, the highest available mark for professional excellence from Martindale-Hubbell’s Peer Review Ratings. Kendra also assists the firm’s general counsel on Florida-related litigation matters and risk management issues.
American University, Washington College of Law, J.D., 2001
University of Notre Dame Law School, 2000, London Law Centre, London, England, Summer
Vanderbilt University School of Law, Visiting student, 1999 - 2000
George Mason University, B.A., 1996, cum laude
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Virginia
The Florida Bar Grievance Committee 13-D, 2012-2015
Hillsborough County Bar Association: Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Section; Young Lawyers Division
Hillsborough Association of Women Lawyers
Florida Wireless Association