How Jacob Helps Clients
Jacob represents clients in trade remedy matters, such as antidumping (AD) and countervailing duty (CVD) investigations, and other aspects of international law. He helps level the playing field for U.S. manufacturers that are losing market share or suffering lower profits to obtain relief against unfairly-priced imports. He previously worked as an International Trade Compliance Analyst in the U.S. Department of Commerce conducting AD and CVD investigations, reviews and circumvention inquires for more than five years. He is admitted to the U.S. Court of International Trade and the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit. Jacob is also involved in the pro-bono representation of unaccompanied minors in immigration proceedings.
What Clients Can Expect
Jacob has been praised for the clarity of his written and oral presentation of complex matters at the U.S. Department of Commerce. He keeps clients informed and involved with a measured, results-oriented approach to international trade matters.
I provide value-focused services for clients in trade remedy matters so that they can preserve American manufacturing jobs.
Outside the Office
Jacob enjoys spending time with his family and their menagerie of pets. He enjoys international travel, is active in his local Lions Club, and is a long-time member of the Veterans of Foreign Wars.
- Part of the team at Buchanan that successfully brought the Freight Rail Couplers from China proceeding before the U.S. Department of Commerce and the U.S. International Trade Commission.
- Drafted allegations of customs evasion for submission to U.S. Customs and Border Protection.
- Senior Analyst at the U.S. Department of Commerce on several high-profile AD and CVD investigations.
- Worked on the CVD investigation of Uncoated Groundwood Paper from Canada.
- Worked on the AD investigation of Quartz Surface Products from China.
Seton Hall University School of Law, JD
Indiana University, BA
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of International Trade
Veterans of Foreign Wars