Barbara Binzak Blumenfeld, shareholder in the firm's FDA & Biotechnology section, spoke with Becker's Spine Review to discuss the future of regenerative medicine. Read the Q&A-style article, "Healthcare Attorney Examines the Future of Regenerative Medicine."
- What is the FDA’s current regulatory framework for regenerative medicine products?
- What does the FDA's promise to crack down on unregulated stem cell treatments mean for the regenerative medicine industry?
- How do you think the regulatory landscape for orthobiologics will shape up in the near future? For spinal biologics?
- What should surgeons who use biologic products know about the FDA's regulatory process?
- How will biologics companies respond to stricter regulations?
- What are the long-term legal implications for making dubious claims about stem cell treatments?