How Dave Helps Clients
Dave Cellitti is an experienced corporate law attorney who helps clients navigate everything from middle-market mergers and acquisitions (M&A) and other significant transactions to strategic planning, compliance and day-to-day operations. For many clients, he has provided this insight while serving as outside general counsel.
What Clients Can Expect
Dave works with clients to create practical strategies that take a deal from start to close. He prioritizes a business-aware, practical approach in solving potential problems for his clients. Dave and his team work collaboratively to provide value and effective solutions on a broad variety of corporate transactions, governance issues, and other business law matters.
Closing a complex deal or helping a client work through and solve a thorny business law issue is what I enjoy best about being a corporate lawyer. There is a real sense of accomplishment after a deal closes and you and your team know that you helped a business achieve its next level of success.
Outside the Office
Dave lives with his wife and three children in the Hyde Park neighborhood of Tampa, Florida. An avid bicyclist, you may see him riding his bike to and from the office.
Awards and Recognition
Dave is a graduate of the Tampa Bay Chamber's "Leadership Tampa" Class of 2022. "Leadership Tampa" is an intensive professional development course to challenge members to see their community as they haven't before.
Dave was named to Tampa Magazine's 2024 Top Lawyers list for Corporate Law. Since 2013, Dave has been named among Law Bulletin Media's Illinois Leading Lawyers in the Closely Held Business, Mergers & Acquisitions categories. He was also named in Chicago Law Bulletin's "40 Illinois Attorneys Under Forty to Watch" in 2011.
- Served as US counsel to a foreign-based facility services company in its strategic acquisitions of several US-based businesses and US legal matters;
- Provided M&A counsel to the US subsidiary of a global consumer products manufacturer; to a leading privately-held investment consulting firm in multiple strategic acquisitions of similar businesses; to an entrepreneur-owned technology consulting company in connection with its sale to a publicly-traded company; and to a privately-held consumer foods supplier in connection with its strategic acquisition of a wholesale and distribution company;
- Represented a Tampa Bay-based private equity-sponsored national insurance and retirement solutions provider in connection with multiple M&A and other transactional matters.
Northwestern University, 2016, Certificate, Leadership Program
Lewis & Clark Law School, J.D., 2000, Dean’s Scholar, Business Law Roundtable Scholar, Moot-Court Honor Board
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, B.A., 1997
- American Bar Association’s Business Law Section, M&A Committee, Host Committee for the ABA Business Law Section Spring 2024, Task Force on Revised Model Asset Purchase Agreement, Representations and Warranties Working Group, co-leader
- Association for Corporate Growth - Tampa Bay, Member
- Hillsborough County Bar Association, Member
- United States Law Firm Group, Corporate & Securities Committee, Member
- Plan Hillsborough Transportation Planning Organization, Bicycle Pedestrian Advisory Committee, Representative for Citizen at Large
- Plant High Rowing Association, Inc. Tampa board (2020 -2022)