How David Helps Clients
David A. Pearl is a real estate attorney with more than 25 years of commercial real estate development, commercial lending, business transactional and leasing experience. He has experience in representing lenders, developers, investors and users of commercial real estate in the acquisition, financing, development and sale of shopping centers, office buildings, mixed-use projects, resort properties and electrical generation facilities. Trained as an accountant prior to law school and a former litigator, his breadth of experience allows him to advise clients in multiple disciplines as the need arises.
David was selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America 2018 and 2019 lists in Real Estate Law.
What Clients Can Expect
As no two parcels of land are the same, David approaches each transaction as a fresh and new challenge. Understanding the short term and long terms goals of a client in a deal is imperative to structuring the transaction. They say the “devil is in the details,” and David immerses himself in a thorough due diligence review for each and every transaction. Clients have praised David for discovering issues that others may have missed and questioning whether a certain course of action should or should not be pursued.
A lawyer’s job is to be neurotic for his client, and it is my job to take the pressure off of the client and to assure them that all avenues have been considered.
Outside the Office
David was born and raised in New Jersey. He is married with two sons, one who graduated from the University of Michigan and the other that attends the University of Wisconsin-Madison. David is a passionate fan of the NFL and the Miami Dolphins (and usually the first to arrive to tailgate) and the founder of the University of Delaware South Florida Alumni Chapter. He loves to walk, read, play real-time computer games and travel to as many far-away places as time will allow. David is also an avid photographer and was a finalist in the 2017 TerraLex 3rd Annual Photo Contest.
- Represented a lender in more than $900 million of syndicated and development financing for various transactions involving the acquisition and/or construction of retail, office, hotel, apartment and residential projects.
- Represented various lenders in the financing, construction and acquisition of seven power plants worth more than $7 billion.
- Represented a local hospital in the financing and acquisition of a competing hospital and medical office complex.
- Represented a resort developer in financing worth $4 billion for the construction of a luxury hotel/casino in Las Vegas and the major renovation of a luxury hotel in Miami Beach.
- Represented a local hospital in multiple leases for a chain of ambulatory care centers.
- Represented a developer in lease modifications for operating as a "fixed based operator" at a municipal airport and multiple financings for the construction of luxury airport hangars and offices.
- Represented various lenders in commercial loan workouts for troubled loans.
- Represented a developer in various financings for the acquisition and construction of shopping centers.
- Represented a developer in the acquisition and financing for a luxury golf and country club.
- Represented a developer in various financings for the acquisition and construction of luxury condominiums.
- Represented several development groups in the acquisition, financing and sale of various retail and office projects.
American University, Washington College of Law, J.D., 1988, cum laude, Law Review
University of Delaware, B.S., 1983, magna cum laude, Accounting
Delaware State Bar Association
NAIOP: Commercial Real Estate Development Association, Program Committee
University of Delaware Alumni Association, President, South Florida Chapter
Weston FC Soccer Club
West Broward YMCA
Rotary Club of Coconut Grove
Leadership Miami of the Miami Chamber of Commerce