The Legal Intelligencer highlights Joe Dougherty's reelection as Buchanan's CEO for a second term, changes and progress within the firm during his first term, what's ahead with a new industry-focused structure and more about the firm's strategies in "Buchanan's Phila.-Based CEO Starts 2nd Term With 'Stronger, Leaner' Firm."
Joe chats with the reporter, Q&A style, and answers the following questions:
- What are your thoughts on Buchanan’s progress since you became CEO? Was there anything that didn’t meet your expectations, or where you had to pivot on strategy?
- What did you change internally?
- It seems like the industry-focused structure is a big part of the firm’s strategy as you start your next term. Is that the case?
- What are the industries you’ve drilled down to?
- How do you implement that kind of structure in a large firm with offices in multiple states?
- Did you have to pare down any practices in order to focus on those industries?
- Are there any other ways the law firm is evolving or being more innovative?
- You mentioned becoming leaner and stronger. What’s been the impact on finances?
- Where do you see opportunities for growth in the near future?
- Is there any geographic growth that goes along with those opportunities?
- Would you be looking to merge with a smaller firm, or even a midsize or larger firm?