PITTSBURGH – July 14, 2021 – Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney has once again received certification from the Women in Law Empowerment Forum (WILEF). Buchanan’s certification as a Gold Standard firm means the firm has meet objective criteria concerning the number of women among equity partners, in firm leadership positions, and in the ranks of their most highly compensated partners.
For 2021 US Gold Standard Certification, a meaningful percentage means that the firm satisfies both the following two mandatory criteria:
- 25% of equity partners or, alternatively, 40% of the attorneys becoming equity partners during the past 12 months are women
- 10% of women equity partners are women of color or 4% of women equity partners are LGBT
And at least two of the following four criteria:
- 20% of the firm and U.S. branch office heads are women
- 25% of the firm’s primary governance committee are women
- 25% of the firm’s compensation committee or its equivalent are women
- 20% of the top half of the firm’s equity partners in terms of compensation are women
Buchanan is one of 29 firms receiving the Gold Standard certification this year.