PITTSBURGH – September 10, 2020 – Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney is a Women in Law Empowerment Forum (WILEF) 2020 Gold Standard firm – achieving the certification for the fifth time in a row and meeting all six criteria. WILEF grants Gold Standard status to major firms that meet objective criteria concerning the number of women among equity partners, in firm leadership positions, and in the ranks of their most highly compensated partners.
For 2020, U.S. Gold Standard Certification, a meaningful percentage means that the firm satisfies both the mandatory criterion that:
- 20 percent of equity partners or 33 percent of the attorneys becoming equity partners during the past twelve months are women and at least three of the following five criteria:
- 15 percent of the firm and U.S. branch office heads are women
- 20 percent of the firm’s primary governance committee are women
- 20 percent of the firm’s compensation committee or its equivalent are women
- 15 percent of the top half of the firm’s equity partners in terms of compensation are women
- 10 percent of women equity partners are women of color, or 4 percent of women equity partners are LGBT