Brett Bacot is a member of Buchanan’s State Government Relations Group with 17 years’ experience representing clients on a wide variety of issues before the Florida Legislature, Executive Branch and state agencies.
Throughout his career, he has worked in various policy areas, focusing on health reform, Medicaid, long-term care, behavioral health, transportation, education and various local government issues.
Brett also concentrates his practice in appropriations requests, navigating the complex state budgeting process and assisting clients in securing funding for special projects.
Some of his recent accomplishments include:
- Worked to pass SB 598 Higher Educational Facilities Financing bill that allows private colleges and universities to access private capital to build facilities.
- Assisted in passage of HB 783 Opioid Abatement that allows the usage of pre-filled injectable naloxone devices to combat opioid overdoes.
- Facilitated funding of the Effective Access to Student Education at $120 million, a $54 million increase over the previous year. EASE assists eligible students with $3,500 in tuition assistance.
- Collaborated with stakeholders to fund to create a database of all companies in Florida who export their goods and/or services overseas, contributing to increased sales, revenue and potential new jobs in Florida.
- Brett has worked as a legislative aide in the Florida House of Representatives and has experience in grassroots advocacy work.
Brett has worked as a legislative aide in the Florida House of Representatives and has experience in grassroots advocacy work.