How Brea Helps Clients
As an associate in the firm’s Corporate Finance and Technology group, Brea’s practice focuses on a wide range of corporate matters spanning several industries.
Prior to joining the firm’s Corporate Finance and Technology group, Brea spent two summers as a Summer Associate with Buchanan. As a summer associate, she conducted research and drafted memoranda on a variety of legal issues, including drafting bylaws, redemption agreements, and transaction procedure. Brea also spent a portion of her first summer as a Summer Legal Consultant with PNC Bank.
Brea is a graduate of Penn State Law where she received her Juris Doctor degree with concentrations in Corporate Law and Practice, and Commercial Law. During law school, Brea worked as a Clinical Student for the Entrepreneur Assistance Clinic where she assisted clients in business formation and contract drafting. Brea served as Managing Editor of Communications for the Penn State Journal of Law and International Affairs and received publication for her article titled “Is POPIA Bad Business for South Africa? Comparing the GDPR to POPIA and Analyzing POPIA’s Impact on Businesses in South Africa.” During her summers, prior to law school, Brea worked as a Data Entry Clerk for a law firm and as a Summer Legal Ethics and Compliance Intern for VF Corporation.
What Clients Can Expect
Brea works diligently to provide clients with a unique client experience centered around effective communication, thorough understanding, and quality solutions. Brea adds value by analyzing not only the legal perspective but also the business perspective. Brea’s background in marketing aids her in viewing the overall business objective and executing client goals.
I strive to make a lasting positive impact on every client.
Outside the Office
Brea is originally from Prince George’s County, Maryland. She is a proud alumni of North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University. Brea enjoys spending time with family and friends, hosting gatherings, traveling, and trying new things. She is passionate about mentoring and is a firm believer in giving back to the community through service.
- Assisted on a cross-disciplinary team in representing a client in corporate restructuring valued at $132.5 million through the sale of a subsidiary to an employee trust. Contributions included updating disclosure schedules for series D financing round; drafting Seller Notes, Warrants, and Restated Promissory Notes.
- Assisted in the closing of an $8 million asset transaction by completing necessary due diligence and drafting.
- Assisted in an asset purchase of an electrical services company operating across five counties with an enterprise value of over $8 million.
- Assisted with the closing of a hybrid asset and stock purchase of 5 target entities spanning a tri-state area involving complex tax structuring and operational licensing issues, an earnout, equity rollover sellers, and an array of other ancillary agreements and transaction documents with an enterprise value of $91,350,000.
Pennsylvania State University Dickinson School of Law, J.D., 2022, Concentrations: Corporate Law and Practice, and Commercial Law
North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University, B.S., 2019, summa cum laude , Marketing
- District of Columbia
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Pittsburgh Legal Diversity & Inclusion Coalition, Mentor