At the AILA South Florida Annual Immigration Law Conference on March 1, Christine Alden was honored with the Chapter Service Award for her innovative leadership of the AILA South Florida Chapter Diversity & Inclusion Committee, of which she served as Vice-Chair for the 2017-2018 term.
Christine was also the Chair of the Annual Conference which was a two-day, dual-track, intermediate to advanced-level conference with 25 panels and 62 speakers.The event also included luncheons on both days and social events, as well as receptions all three evenings (February 27 to March 1).
During the conference, Christine also presented on the EB5 panel entitled, “I Will Survive - EB-5 Investor Perspectives,” which explored and discussed the latest on the ever-developing EB-5 landscape, including:
- Source of Funds best practices
- Should you conduct due diligence on a project and regional center?
- Job Creation Risks: Not all jobs are created equal
- Material changes: Are they all the same and when do they matter?
- Can minors invest and apply on their own?
- Country specific issues and emerging investor markets
- Visa Quota Allocation: Update