How Steven Helps Clients
Steven offers clients legal advice with depth and breadth of experience that often elevates his role to that of strategic business advisor. He acts as an outside general counsel to a diverse group of small and middle-market companies.
Steven handles a full spectrum of services for corporate clients, including various aspects of business formation, planning, financing and transactions; mergers and acquisition transactions; monetization of assets of municipalities; the private placement of debt and equity securities; and matters involving shareholder divorce and executive and incentive compensation. He also provides counsel to a wide variety of non-profit organizations, which includes practice before the Orphans' Court.
I enjoy the variety of my work. Every day is different.
Steven serves as bond counsel, underwriter's counsel and counsel to issuers and trustees in connection with the issuance of debt obligations by state and municipal governments, agencies, authorities and school districts. He is involved in structuring and documenting real estate acquisitions, sales and financing as well as commercial leasing. Steven also provides wealth and succession planning services, as well as counsel on federal, state and local tax planning and representation.
What Clients Can Expect
Clients rely on Steven for his experience, expertise, responsive support and thoughtful consideration of their legal matters. Clients know that Steven will close the deal and get things done, and they trust him to reach that positive conclusion with integrity.
Outside the Office
When he's not at the office, Steven looks forward to time with family. His favorite non-work activities include tennis and travel.
- AV Preeminent®, Martindale Hubbell® rating.
- Steven is a certified public accountant in Pennsylvania (inactive status).
- Represented a startup pharmaceutical contract sales/detailing company in its organization, family wealth transfer planning in transferring substantial equity in the business at an early stage to younger generation (i.e. low value) and ultimately in the merger of the company with and into a public company three years later.
- Representation of a general veterinary practice in the sale of its assets to a public company.
- Representation of a veterinary specialty hospital in an asset sale.
- Representation of multiple real estate opportunity funds in their formation and syndication.
- Representation of a municipality in the monetization of its on-street and off-street parking assets.
- Representation of a general partner in the formation and documentation of a venture fund with a union pension trust affiliate.
- Representation of clients in both the sale and acquisition of dialysis businesses.
- Representation of a 50% shareholder in the buyout of the other 50% shareholder where there were irreconcilable differences.
- Representation of a large independent dental supply company in numerous acquisitions/roll ups of smaller supply companies.
- Representation of a multi-generation family business in both succession planning and family wealth transfer planning.
- General representation of a specialty finance company in the non-recourse civil litigation funding business, along with subsequent asset sale.
- Representation of a municipal sewer authority in the sale of its assets to a public utility
To learn more about industry rankings, click here.
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
Villanova University School of Law, J.D., 1984
Drexel University, B.S., 1981
- New Jersey
InspiriTec, Inc., Board Chair
Mergers and Acquisitions Committee of the Business Law Section, Philadelphia Bar Association
National Association of Bond Lawyers
New Jersey State Bar Association
Tax Section - Real Property, Probate and Trust Law Division, Pennsylvania Bar Association