Our commitment to diversity and inclusion starts at the top.
The different backgrounds, experiences and perspectives of our attorneys and government relations professionals are a critical source of the firm’s vitality, enrich the legal services that we provide our clients and enhance the future success of the firm. We are committed to supporting and sustaining a culture of inclusion that reflects both the ever-increasing diversity of our clients and the interconnectedness of the world in the 21st century. We recognize that only by fostering such a workplace culture will the firm continue to attract the best talent and support the development of long-term client relationships.
Diversity & Inclusion Initiatives
The firm has undertaken many initiatives over the years to address unique challenges facing women and diverse attorneys as they develop their practices. We seek to involve all attorneys and government relations professionals in its diversity efforts in numerous ways, including encouraging all attorneys to use their professional and personal networks to recruit diverse lawyers to the firm and conducting firm-wide training on unconscious bias and cultural sensitivities.
Our leadership and advancement training opportunities have included:
- Intensive one-year business development programs for experienced women in the firm
- Formal sponsorship program for diverse attorneys on the cusp of promotion to shareholder
- Tips from the Top program linking senior associates looking forward to promotion to counsel with firm leaders in diverse mentoring circles
- Individual and group coaching to address confidence-building, taking control of one’s own career, planning for success, and assessing the needs of clients
- Networking events to build relationships
The purpose and direction of the firm’s diversity initiatives are guided by the leadership of the Chief Diversity & Inclusion Officer, the Diversity & Inclusion Committee and the Women’s Business Development Committee. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion starts at the top, and our efforts are guided by our CEO’s vision and dedication. The Chief Diversity & Inclusion Officer and the Director of Professional Development & Recruiting travel regularly to meet with individuals in each office to discuss their integration, work satisfaction and goals.