Growing Interdependence in a Shrinking World
Your Global Workforce
Today’s businesses often depend on the global mobility of their workforce. To facilitate your mobility and flexibility, we work with you to obtain and maintain temporary and permanent work visas for your foreign national employees. We also counsel you concerning transfers of employees to live and work in other countries, assisting with obtaining the necessary work and residence permits.
Visit knowingImmigrationLaw.com for insights from our team.
Getting the Details Right
Strategy and planning are critical as you bring employees to the U.S. or send them abroad to meet your business needs. But we know that “the devil is in the details,” and our job is to get them right – all of them. Among the many ways we can help are:
- Processing and acquiring employment-based visas for your key employees so they will be authorized for employment in the United States.
- Advising you on employee documentation requirements and I-9 and E-Verify compliance issues.
- Establishing employment-based permanent residences.
- Representing you before the Department of Labor, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Immigration Board of Appeals and the Justice Department’s Executive Office for Immigration Review.
- Preparing and filing applications for change of status and extension of stay.
- Preparing and filing applications for adjustment of status and U.S. citizenship.
- Applying for permanent labor certification, both traditional and “special handling” for college or university teachers.
- Preparing and filing extraordinary ability, outstanding researcher/professor and national interest waiver immigrant visa petitions.
- Establishing enterprises that provide the best platform for transferring key employees between companies.
Helping Both Foreign Investors and U.S. Developers
The EB-5 visa allows foreigners to receive a green card if they invest at least $500,000 in a U.S. business that creates at least 10 local jobs. Interest in this program has skyrocketed since its inception, and the program has been of tremendous benefit to developers who are using it to finance large-scale real estate development projects. Investors who do not have direct family links to U.S. residents or sponsorship from a corporation have come from China, India, Mexico, Iran and many other countries. For them, the EB-5 serves both their business and personal interests. Our immigration attorneys, assisted by our tax and corporate teams, have advised clients from more than 50 countries in investor visa matters.
Helping Individuals and their Families
We assist individuals and their families with acquiring and preserving permanent residence status, with filing immigrant visa petitions on behalf of foreign national family members, and with eligibility for U.S. citizenship and naturalization proceedings. We also provide coordinated pre-residency immigration and international tax planning services to high-net-worth families moving to the U.S.