Stefi Peralta Porter focuses her practice on a full range of corporate transactional and general commercial matters, including mergers and acquisitions, commercial contracts, securities law compliance, commercial lending and general corporate governance.
Among her representative transactions, Stefi has:
- Assisted in the representation of Cassidy Turley, a national commercial real estate services company, in its merger with DTZ, an international private equity investment consortium.
- Assisted in the representation of Educational Computer Systems, Inc., an educational loan processing company, in its acquisition by Heartland Payment Systems, Inc. (NYSE: HPY).
- Assisted in the representation of Mon Valley Petroleum, Inc., a fuel retailer and distributer, in its sale of 15 gas stations and convenience stores, to American Natural Retail, LLC et al.
- Served on the teams that assisted Vector Security, Inc. in its acquisitions of a security alarm monitoring company and managed network services company.
- Assisted an international specialty metal company with preparing and negotiating its supply, sales and distribution contracts.
- Represented a chinaware manufacturing company in drafting and negotiating its manufacturing and supply agreements.
- Represented security alarm clients with licensing and regulatory matters and preparing and negotiating their commercial agreements, including customer contracts and dealer agreements.
- Drafted and/or revised purchase order terms and conditions for companies in the manufacturing and technology industries.
- Assisted in the documentation of secured term loans and revolving credit facilities for various borrowers and lenders.
- Assisted in the representation of Clear Count Medical Solutions with respect to its early stage financing transactions.
- Conducted mineral-title due diligence to identify title defects pursuant to a $1B+ oil and gas lease acquisition in the Marcellus Shale.
- Represented various non-profit corporations with formation, obtaining 501(c)(3) status, and drafting and negotiating their commercial contracts.
Prior to receiving her law degree, Stefi managed a retail branch of National City Bank in downtown Pittsburgh. While in law school, Stefi served as a summer associate in Buchanan’s Pittsburgh office and completed internships with the U.S. Attorney’s Office, the Federal Public Defender, Travelers Insurance Pittsburgh Staff Counsel, and the Jewish Family & Children's Services Pittsburgh Refugee and Immigrant Assistance Center. Stefi is fluent in Spanish.
University of Pittsburgh School of Law, J.D., 2009, CALI Award for Excellence in Persuasive Narrative Seminar; Business Manager, Journal of Law and Commerce
Stanford University, B.A., 2003, International Relations with a Minor in Spanish
- North Carolina (application submitted)
Member and Past Chairman, Hispanic Attorneys Committee, Allegheny County Bar Association
Member, Pittsburgh Metropolitan Area Hispanic Chamber of Commerce