Pamela E. Hepp concentrates her health care practice on issues affecting large health care institutions, including complex transactions, medical staff matters and regulatory issues including Medicare and Medicaid fraud, abuse and False Claims Act investigations and settlement negotiations, Stark and HIPAA confidentiality issues, EMTALA and patient care questions.
Pam has represented a variety of clients in mergers, acquisitions and other corporate restructurings, forming joint ventures, drafting employment and independent contractor agreements, and forming physician networks and health care entities. While at Buchanan, Pam has also served as part-time in-house counsel at a large health system and an international medical device company.
Some of Pam's recent representations include:
- Representing Catholic Health East and/or its affiliates in various acquisitions which have included health systems, hospitals and nursing homes.
- Representing a Western Pennsylvania health system client in the acquisition of numerous physician practices.
- Representing various clients in the structuring and negotiation of cancer center joint ventures.
- Representing a client in the negotiation, structuring, formation and expansion of a durable medical equipment limited liability company involving several Western Pennsylvania healthcare systems.
- Representing Montgomery Hospital in its affiliation with Albert Einstein Healthcare Network.
- Representing a health system client in the acquisition of a critical access hospital.
- Representing several clients in medical staff hearings and appeals.
- Representing Catholic Health East in connection with various tax-exempt financing transactions.
University of Pittsburgh School of Law, J.D., 1991
University of Pittsburgh, M.P.H., 1991
West Virginia University, B.S., 1988, cum laude, Business Administration with an Emphasis on Chemistry and Biology
- West Virginia