Mark S. Auerbacher has extensive experience in a broad range of complex commercial disputes, including business tort actions involving unfair competition, corporate dissolution and fraudulent transfers of assets. His practice also focuses on real estate, contract and financial dispute litigation.
Mark has successfully conducted trials, mediations, arbitrations, evidentiary and injunction hearings and appeals in both federal and state courts.
Mark's representations have included:
- Serving as lead trial counsel in fraudulent transfer of assets litigation, which resulted in the trial court entering judgment in favor of the client for more than $500,000.
- Serving as lead trial counsel in a construction defect case, in which he represented the developer in a breach of contract action; successfully obtained judgment in favor of the client and an award of attorneys' fees against the opposing partner after bench trial.
- Serving as lead attorney in successful representations involving clients seeking to obtain injunctions in connection with business disputes.
- Serving as lead counsel in commercial real estate brokerage litigation; he successfully obtained settlements from defendants resulting in a full recovery by the client in excess of $400,000.
- Extensive real property litigation involving specific performance of contracts to convey commercial property.
- Serving as lead counsel in multimillion-dollar coverage cases involving excess insurance carriers in catastrophic personal and property casualty disputes.
- Extensive lender and title insurance representation. Representing numerous clients in business partnership disputes.
- Serving as lead counsel in federal court litigation involving aircraft sale dispute; he successfully enforced a limitation of remedy provision involving sale of a $7 million airplane.
Mark is a member of the four-attorney team named 2014 South Florida Litigation Department of the Year – Real Estate by the Daily Business Review. In 2017, he was named to the 2017 Florida Super Lawyers list.
Rutgers School of Law - Camden, J.D., 1992
Florida State University, B.S., 1987, Business
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
The Florida Bar
New Jersey State Bar Association
Miami-Dade County Bar Association
Pennsylvania Bar Association
Board member, Miami-Dade Sports Commission
Coral Reef Yacht Club
The Seminole Club of Greater Miami