How Adam Helps Clients
Adam Wicks works in the firm’s Corporate Finance Section out of the Pittsburgh office. Adam’s practice focuses on a wide range of corporate matters, advising clients ranging from startups to publicly traded companies on financings, corporate governance, mergers and acquisitions, and federal and state securities law compliance. He works with clients in a variety of industries including technology, manufacturing, security alarm, sports and the nonprofit sector.
Adam’s past experience also includes working at a sports agency in Boston, where he assisted MLBPA Certified Agents in their day-to-day client representation responsibilities, including contract negotiations, player research and scouting, corporate endorsements, public relations and multimedia production.
Adam began his career with Buchanan as a 2013 Summer Associate and is a graduate of Boston College Law School.
What Clients Can Expect
In addition to providing sophisticated legal counsel, Adam is committed to understanding the ins and outs of his clients’ businesses and providing practical solutions to everyday issues. Adam has a knack for being able to see the big picture of a transaction or legal issue while maintaining an acute attention to detail.
Some of Adam’s representative transactions include the following:
- Ongoing representation of a prominent Pittsburgh venture capital firm in its various portfolio investments, often as lead investor’s counsel in early-stage preferred stock rounds.
- Ongoing representation of the U.S. operating subsidiary of a publicly traded company on the London Stock Exchange, including its acquisition of a California-based aerospace parts manufacturer and general corporate governance matters.
- Represented a Pennsylvania powdered metal company in its acquisition by a US subsidiary of a publicly traded Japanese company, via reverse triangular merger.
- Represented a Virginia-based search fund in its acquisition of a privately owned security alarm company and simultaneous execution of a $10 million revolving credit facility.
- Represented a Pittsburgh-based manufacturer and supplier of molded chocolate in its acquisition by a French chocolatier.
- Represented a New York City-based private equity group in the acquisition of the general partnership interest in three private equity funds from a national private equity fund management practice and the strategic recruitment of the fund manager to join the group's senior management team.
- Represented the owner a Pittsburgh-area auto dealership in the sale of the dealership and related assets.
- Represented the owner and operator of a 30-location family-style restaurant chain in the sale of the assets of his restaurants to a national private equity firm.
- Represented a health system in the sale of 12 of its retirement care facilities, owned by 12 different sellers under the health system’s corporate umbrella, to a developer of senior housing communities.
- Represented an information security awareness and training software provider in its purchase of the assets of an information security consulting firm, and its simultaneous Series B-1 financing.
- Represented a steam turbine manufacturer in its acquisition by an industrial machinery provider.
Adam also serves a number of the firm’s public company clients, providing counsel on matters including Exchange Act filings, Section 16 matters, executive compensation, conflict minerals analysis, general corporate guidance and stock exchange requirements.
Outside the Office
A life-long Pittsburgher (save a brief stint in Boston for law school), Adam is passionate about the changes happening in the city of Pittsburgh, on both a personal and professional level. Adam is involved in many local organizations and programs that seek to foster and grow the thriving tech community that is putting Pittsburgh on the map as an industry leader in the 21st century. Adam loves to stay active by running (he completed the 2015 Pittsburgh Marathon, along with a number of other local races), training for triathlons, and playing golf and softball. He lives in the East End of Pittsburgh with his wife and their very spoiled but incredibly cute boxer mix.
Boston College Law School, J.D., 2014
The Pennsylvania State University, B.A., 2011, with distinction
American Bar Association
Allegheny County Bar Association
Pittsburgh Venture Capital Association, Emerging Leadership Board
Pittsburgh Kids Foundation, Board of Directors
KidsVoice, Young Professionals Board