How Bill Helps Clients
Bill focuses his practice on real estate, probate and healthcare litigation, as well as loan workout and loss mitigation. He litigates on behalf of individuals, companies, banks, hospitals and healthcare providers, equipment suppliers, churches and small businesses in a variety of commercial settings, and has aggressively handled disputes among partners and shareholders dissolving their relationships.
In the real estate arena, Bill has successfully prosecuted large commercial foreclosures, evictions, mold claims, fraud allegations, purchase and sale contract fights, commission claims, quiet title and lien actions. He has litigated over and supervised property in receivership. Bill also has particular experience advising on the negotiation and restructuring of indebtedness secured by real property or business assets.
Bill’s probate litigation practice includes advising personal representatives and trustees in the administration of estates and trusts with pending or threatened litigation, including claims for undue influence, removal, modification and termination.
In the healthcare arena, in addition to his litigation efforts, Bill consults with healthcare systems and providers on matters involving the Medicare and Medicaid Fraud and Abuse Law and the Stark Law. He has also litigated contract provisions related to the recruitment of medical professionals.
Bill also is experienced in enforcing domestic and foreign judgments, litigating fraudulent transfer and conveyance actions, bringing proceedings supplementary and, in a unique area of practice, litigating country club membership covenants.
What Clients Can Expect
Bill competes for his client aggressively and he shows up prepared, whether at trial or in a meeting. He puts his client first and works to achieve their goals while also being a candid advisor who won't shy from difficult discussions or honest counsel.
He represents his clients with passion as an assertive litigator, a practical problem solver and a no-nonsense advisor.
Litigation isn't easy. To succeed at it, you have to like it. The best lawyers I know are inherently competitive people.
Outside the Office
Bill has wanted to be a lawyer for about as long as he can remember. He grew up in a family of lawyers and judges. He also married one. His wife is an estate and trust attorney.
Bill's favorite free-time activity is golf. He is also active on the board of the Harry Chapin Food Bank of Southwest Florida.
- Named one of Gulfshore Business magazine’s Forty-Under-40, 2015.
- Rising Star, Florida Super Lawyers magazine, each year since 2010.
- Represented lead agent of syndicated credit facility in the foreclosure of a residential development and workout of a related credit facility in excess of $100 million.
- Obtained a multi-million dollar deficiency judgment following foreclosure of commercial property including evidentiary hearings on valuation and receivership.
- Prosecuted fraudulent transfer and continuation of business – de facto merger claims in excess of $2 million against defaulted construction company.
- Represented lender in connection with the sale of a pool of defaulted credit facilities to an investor.
- Represented lender in dismissing as a bad faith filing a CH 11 bankruptcy seeking improperly to restructure $7 million in defaulted debt.
- Represented a local religious organization in the restructuring of its credit facility in excess of $20 million.
- Defended claims against Florida hospital facilities arising out of the Florida Consumer Collection Protection Act.
- Prosecuted claims for breach of physician agreements.
- Served as lead counsel in a five-day jury trial pertaining to a member’s contractual arrangements with a country club.
University of Florida Levin College of Law, J.D., 2005, Justice Campbell Thornal Moot Court Team
University of Florida, B.S.B.A., 2002, Finance with honors
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Middle District of Florida
American Health Lawyers Association
Collier County Bar Association
Federal Bar Association: President, Southwest Florida Chapter, 2007-2008
Greater Naples Chamber of Commerce
Lee County Bar Association
Leadership Lee County: Class of 2006
Vice-Chairperson, Board of Directors, Harry Chapin Food Bank of Southwest Florida
Past Chair, Harry Chapin Food Bank of Southwest Florida, Collier County Action Group