How Bill Helps Clients
Bill focuses his practice on a broad range of transactional and regulatory/compliance matters related to healthcare. He regularly counsels clients on complex issues including state and federal regulation of healthcare providers, state and federal fraud and abuse matters and reimbursement issues, HIPAA compliance and professional licensing and credentialing issues. Bill also handles public finance matters and mergers and acquisitions, both related and unrelated to healthcare, and has led multi-specialty teams of attorneys and consultants through complex and creative transactions and public-private partnerships (“P3”) involving the sale or lease of transportation, infrastructure and water and sewer municipal assets. Bill is co-chair of the firm's Opportunity Zones Team.
Bill received his Doctor of Pharmacy degree from the Wilkes University Nesbitt School of Pharmacy in 2008 and has held licenses, and actively practiced pharmacy in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. While in law school, Bill worked as an inpatient pharmacist for the Saint Barnabas Medical Center in Livingston, N.J., and as a community pharmacist for a local pharmacy in Hoboken, N.J. He has also worked in the Nuclear Pharmacy industry.
In 2018 and 2017, Bill was selected for inclusion in Pennsylvania Super Lawyers Rising Stars list. Bill was also recognized as a healthcare Associate to Watch (2015-2017) and an Up and Coming healthcare attorney (2018) by Chambers USA, which selects honorees based on intensive research and client feedback. In an anonymous interview with Chambers, a client of Bill's stated: "He is very responsive, extremely dependable and has real grasp of the law on fraud and abuse and how healthcare contracts should be put together."
Bill is a founding member of the Bloomberg Law Health Care Practice Innovation Board, which Bloomberg states is comprised of leading industry professionals representing the top law firms and corporations across the country.
What Clients Can Expect
Tireless effort, creativity and a passion for working closely with clients to understand and resolve their issues. Bill takes great pride in building and growing meaningful relationships with clients.
Outside the Office
Bill was born and raised in Scranton, Pa. and comes from a long line of attorneys (his grandfather, father and two brothers are also attorneys). He is married and has one son, Jack. In his spare time, Bill likes to travel, run and spend time with family. Bill is also an avid skier and Bruce Springsteen fan.
Representative health care matters:
- Represented a large, start-up health care entity in the formation, development and implementation of a unique alliance among providers and payors to provide cost-efficient, quality care to Medicare Advantage beneficiaries.
- Investigated criminal allegations related to violations of FDA, DEA and state pharmacy and controlled substance laws and provided counsel to a chain of independent pharmacies during settlement discussions with federal government.
- Served as lead associate counsel and assisted with drafting and negotiating an integration agreement between a multi-hospital New Jersey healthcare system and a Pennsylvania multi-hospital health system in Pennsylvania with combined revenues post-merger of over $4 billion.
- Represented multiple clinical lab and medical practice management companies on a wide range of corporate and general healthcare regulatory compliance issues.
- Counseled multiple different healthcare providers and entities through internal civil and criminal federal healthcare fraud investigations and implemented policies and procedures to prevent the same.
- Counseled a large hospital system facing Stark Law and Anti-Kickback Statute violation allegations, drafted and filled self-disclosures with CMS and OIG, and negotiated settlements related to the same.
- Counseled various healthcare providers on potential federal anti-kickback and False Claims Act exposure and self-disclosures with OIG and the Department of Justice
Representative public finance matters:
- Served as transaction counsel to a multi-municipality Pennsylvania sewer authority on a $195 million sale of the authority’s sewer assets, the largest transaction of its kind in the history of the Commonwealth.
- Served as transaction and bond counsel to a large Pennsylvania municipality on a $32 million long-term lease of the Municipality’s parking assets.
- Negotiated and drafted economic development agreements among Pennsylvania Municipality and local developers aimed at improving access to downtown business development.
- Negotiated a settlement and refinance agreement among multiple local banks and settled related loan defaults totaling $3.8 million among secured lenders.
To learn more about industry rankings, click here.
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
Seton Hall University School of Law, J.D., 2011
Wilkes University Nesbitt College of Pharmacy, Pharm.D., 2008
- New Jersey
American Health Lawyers Association
Pennsylvania Bar Association
Lackawanna County Bar Association
World Affairs Council
Bloomberg Law Health Care Practice Innovation Board