How Veneeta Helps Clients
Veneeta Jaswal is a litigation associate attorney with experience representing both plaintiffs and defendants in personal injury, business, consumer and antitrust litigation matters.
Since joining Buchanan Ingersoll & Rooney, Veneeta practices healthcare litigation defending healthcare facilities and corporate entities against professional liability and negligence claims.
- Represented individual in defense of partition of real property action.
- Represented individual plaintiffs in various personal injury matters, including slip and fall at a major retailer in San Diego.
- Represented skilled nursing facilities and administrators in defense of a variety of elder abuse claims, claims of punitive damages, and robustly defended against theories of vicarious liability against affiliated corporate entities.
- Successfully defended corporate entity against claims for breach of fiduciary duty, breach of contract, fraud and conversion claims in a bet-the-company action; prevailed on crossclaims after a seven-day bench trial in San Diego County Superior Court.
- Experience practicing in superior courts throughout the state of California, including in San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Riverside County, Sacramento County, San Francisco County, and Contra Costa County, as well as appearing in various California federal courts including the Central and Southern Districts of California.
What Clients Can Expect
With a passion for healthcare and experience in complex business litigation, Veneeta is able to navigate her clients through the various stages of litigation. She not only ensures her clients are appraised each step of the way, Veneeta also distills complex legal concepts into simple actionable items for her clients.
“I welcome the opportunity to serve as your legal advocate.”
Outside the Office
A California native, Veneeta enjoys practicing Muay Thai kickboxing, rock climbing and exploring new hiking trails. She also loves cooking and crossword puzzles.
University of San Diego School of Law, J.D., 2017, Business and Corporate Law
San Jose' State University, B.S., 2014, honors, Justice Studies
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
South Asian Bar Association of San Diego, President, 2023-current
San Diego Bar Association
Lawyers Club of San Diego, Co-Chair of the Diverse Women's Committee
- Junto Global, Former Board Member