How Thomas Helps Clients
Thomas practices in the areas of federal income, estate, gift and generation skipping transfer taxation. He advises clients on estate planning and trust administration; planning for charitable contributions and foundations; estate and succession planning for family or closely-held business owners; matters relating to international tax planning; and business law.
What Clients Can Expect
Thomas focuses his practice on estate planning and tax law, including both wealth tax and transactional tax planning.
I like meeting new people and developing tax efficient structures that not only align with the client’s short-term and long-term financial goals, but also take into account nuanced family dynamics.
Outside the Office
When he’s not in the office, Thomas enjoys spending time with family, travelling, and fly-fishing.
- Structured and implemented estate plans to minimize estate, gift and generation skipping transfer tax.
- Drafted legal opinions related to: cross-border hybrid debt refinancing; offshoring intellectual property; IC-DISC structures; treaty benefits; foreign tax credit planning; and U.S. trade or business analysis.
- Serving as a Director of the Florida Bar Tax Section, assisting in the development of continuing legal education content for tax lawyers statewide.
University of Miami School of Law, LLM, 2017, International Tax Concentration
Florida State University College of Law, J.D., 2015
University of North Florida, B.A., 2012, Political Science
- Florida Bar – Tax Section, Director-at-Large, June 2021 - Present
- Florida Bar – Tax Section, Education Division, Co-Director, June 2019 – June 2021, Assistant Director, June 2018 – May 2019
- Florida Bar – Tax Section, Federal Tax Division, Phone CLE Director, October 2017 – May 2018
- Florida Bar – Tax Section, Media and Marketing Division, Project Co-Leader, Expanded Media Initiative, February 2017 – May 2018