- On behalf of one of the largest banks in the United States, obtained an abatement of IRS penalties arising from the late filing of a foreign national's federal estate tax return.
- Helped structure the worldwide operations of a group that specialized in the development, manufacturing and licensing of food supplements to minimize U.S. and worldwide tax.
- Defended a foreign trust administered in Guernsey, Channel Islands, against a proposed 35 percent IRS penalty for the late filing of a form.
- Structured the U.S. operations of a European-based fabric manufacturer and distributor to minimize U.S., Swiss and French taxes.
- Assisted a U.S. franchisor of business systems to obtain, through the mutual assistance provision of the U.S.-Japanese income tax treaty, a refund of Japanese withholding taxes imposed on franchise payments.
- Obtained a favorable private letter ruling from the IRS that reversed long-standing policy, allowing a spin-off of assets from a U.S. pension plan to a Puerto Rican plan with favorable tax consequences.
We follow industry news and trends so you can stay ahead of the game. Subscribe to receive emails regarding policies and findings that impact you and your business.
Already a subscriber and want to update your preferences? Click here.