How Tanya Helps Clients
For over 10 years Tanya has counseled and represented large corporate entities, with a focus on the financial services industry, in a wide range of complex commercial matters. Tanya represents her clients in a variety of transactions and proceedings, including commercial contract disputes, creditors’ rights, workouts and restructuring, secured transactions, lender liability actions and SEC enforcement proceedings. Tanya also has significant experience in representing business entities in disputes involving unfair competition, illegal and deceptive acts and practices, trade secrets violations, consumer protection claims, employment and severance agreements, restrictive covenants, including non-compete and non-disclosure agreements, partnership and joint venture disputes, fiduciary and professional duties, intellectual property matters, including patent and trademark disputes and infringement actions, real estate and construction litigation and insurance coverage disputes.
What Clients Can Expect
Tanya's clients’ business is her business and, thus, her clients get to know her well. She treats every client as a friend and advises them as if they were a family member. She considers herself direct but personal and is passionate about everything she does. Lawyers are problem-solvers. When counseling or representing a client, Tanya is steadfast, does not give up easily and always looks for the most creative, but yet time- and cost-effective, solution.
Outside the Office
Tanya has lived in Manhattan for nearly 15 years and enjoys spending her time away from the office combining her love for the outdoors and living a healthy lifestyle by hiking, biking, running or skiing and snowboarding. Tanya also speaks fluent Italian and enjoys celebrating her Italian heritage by networking in the New York Italian-American community, traveling to her parents’ hometown in Italy and, of course, cooking and enjoying Italian wines.
I always put myself in the seat of the client. I ask myself, if I were them, what goals would I want to achieve and what result would I want to obtain? I then execute the plan with passion.
- Obtained complete dismissal of all claims against a national wireless corporation alleging a variety of state law property and personal injury torts arising out of a wireless corporation’s operation of one of its wireless communications facilities in New York City.
- Obtained a successful settlement for client against insurer in action seeking a declaratory judgment regarding losses and insurer’s obligations pertaining to the Picasso painting, “Le Reve”.
- Obtained dismissal at all trial levels, including the highest appellate court of the State of New York, of all claims asserted by purchaser against commercial real estate property owner alleging purported misrepresentations pertaining to environmental conditions associated with the subject property.
- Obtained a complete victory for private investment company at all trial and appellate levels which denied borrowers’ motion to vacate judgment of foreclosure and sale on a commercial loan.
- Obtained a successful settlement for distressed debt investor in connection with failure of chapter 11 claim holder to pay disallowed portion of claim pursuant to express terms of claim purchase agreement.
New York Law School, J.D., 2004, cum laude, Executive Case Comments and Notes Editors, New York Law School Law Review
Drexel University, B.S., 2001, magna cum laude, A.J. Drexel Scholar
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- Supreme Court of the United States (SCOTUS)
Columbian Lawyers Association
New York County Lawyers’ Association
Turnaround Management Association
Cancer Advocacy Project, City Bar Justice Center
El Centro Legal Clinic