How Steven Helps Clients
Steven is a commercial litigator with more than 20 years of experience prosecuting and defending complex business disputes on behalf of his clients. His practice focuses on multi-million-dollar business torts, breach of contract matters, real estate litigation and construction disputes. Steven’s list of clients includes global pharmaceutical companies, Florida’s largest real estate developers, and mid-to-large scale corporations operating in a host of other industries. Steven employs a comprehensive approach to litigation and dispute resolution, taking into consideration that what is best for one business or individual may not be best for another.
What Clients Can Expect
Steven is an aggressive and hard-nosed litigator who works with his clients to develop strategies that best serve their long-term goals. Clients hire Steven because they know he will aggressively protect their businesses and prosecute their claims. Steven is widely recognized as a leading commercial litigator in Florida and is named among The Best Lawyers in America© in the Commercial Litigation category.
Outside the Office
Steven maintains his strong ties to college football as an executive member of the board of directors of the ReliaQuest Bowl. Steven stays connected to his law school alma mater as an instructor in the Intensive Trial Advocacy Program at Notre Dame Law School. Steven is an avid outdoorsman and has received numerous awards for his fundraising efforts on behalf of Ducks Unlimited, the largest non-governmental conservator of wetlands and wildlife habitats in North America. Steven is board member of the Tampa Bay Economic Development Council and Pasco Sheriff’s Charities.
- 6th Judicial Circuit of Florida: Served as Florida counsel for national pharmaceutical company is multi-billion-dollar lawsuit by Florida Attorney General for claims related to manufacturing, distribution, and sales of opioids in Florida.
- 13th Judicial Circuit of Florida: Won jury trial in a commercial lawsuit on behalf of a nation information technologies provider who performed millions of dollars’ worth of services for a national retailer, who then refused to pay invoices based upon false allegations of inadequate services provided. The national retailer countersued, and Mr. Pratico obtained a defense verdict on all counterclaims.
- 5th Judicial Circuit of Florida: Obtained summary judgment on behalf of a statewide construction company in a lawsuit filed by homeowners who claimed damage to property resulting from nearby construction activity. After multiple attempts to amicably resolve the matter, Mr. Pratico obtained and collected a judgment against the claimants for all of his client’s attorney’s fees.
- 6th Judicial Circuit of Florida: Forced a client’s competitor in the publication industry to change its publication name and logo based upon an initial finding by the court that the competitor’s product was causing confusion in the community and harming client’s business.
- 10th Judicial Circuit of Florida: Won a bench trial in a commercial lawsuit on behalf of a nation fertilizer company against agriculture consortium who refused to pay for millions of dollars’ worth of products upon false allegations that incorrect products were delivered, and receipt of correct products never occurred. The agriculture consortium countersued, and Mr. Pratico obtained a defense verdict on all counterclaims.
University of Notre Dame Law School, J.D., 2001
Bucknell University, B.S., 1998, Environmental Science & Economics
Rutgers University, 1993-1995
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- U.S. Tax Court
Notre Dame Law School – Intensive Trial Advocacy Program Instructor
ReliaQuest Bowl; Executive Member of the Board of Directors; 2017 Chairman of Board of Directors
Florida Hospital Foundation; Board of Directors
Pasco Sheriff’s Charities; Vice-Chairman of Board of Directors
Ducks Unlimited Pasco County; Chairman of Board of Directors
Tampa Hillsborough Economic Development Corp., Board of Directors, Executive Committee