How Steven Helps Clients
Steven is a commercial litigator with more than 15 years of experience solving and prosecuting complex business disputes on behalf of his clients. His practice focuses on business torts, breach of contract matters, disputes between commercial lenders and borrowers, real estate litigation and construction disputes in the banking/lending, construction and technology industries. He has also assisted individuals and businesses in tax contestment cases. Steven employs a comprehensive approach to litigation and dispute resolution, taking into consideration that what is best for one business or individual may not be best for another.
What Clients Can Expect
Steven works to develop strategies that best serve the long term goals and “big picture” of each individual client and then works tirelessly to deliver that result. He uses tactics he has learned as a former football player and boxer to deliver optimal results when representing his clients. Clients hire Steven because they know he will aggressively protect their businesses.
Outside the Office
Steven maintains his strong ties to college football as an executive member of the board of directors of the Outback Bowl. Steven stays connected to his law school alma mater as an instructor in the Intensive Trial Advocacy Program at Notre Dame Law School. Steven is an avid outdoorsman and has received numerous award for his fundraising efforts on behalf of Ducks Unlimited, the largest non-governmental conservator of wetlands and wildlife habitats in North America.
- 13th Judicial Circuit of Florida: Won jury trial in a commercial lawsuit on behalf of a nation information technologies provider who performed millions of dollars worth of services for a national retailer, who then refused to pay final invoices based upon false allegations of inadequate services provided. The national retailer countersued, and Mr. Pratico obtained a defense verdict on all counterclaims.
- 5th Judicial Circuit of Florida: Obtained summary judgment on behalf of a statewide construction company in a lawsuit filed by homeowners who claimed damage to property resulting from nearby construction activity. After multiple attempts to amicably resolve the matter, Mr. Pratico obtained and collected a judgment against the claimants for all of his client’s attorney’s fees.
- 6th Judicial Circuit of Florida: Forced a client’s competitor in the publication industry to change its publication name and logo based upon an initial finding by the court that the competitor’s product was causing confusion in the community and harming client’s business.
- 10th Judicial Circuit of Florida: Won a bench trial in a commercial lawsuit on behalf of a nation fertilizer company against agriculture consortium who refused to pay for product upon false allegations that incorrect products were delivered and receipt of correct products never occurred. The agriculture consortium countersued, and Mr. Pratico obtained a defense verdict on all counterclaims.
University of Notre Dame Law School, J.D., 2001
Bucknell University, B.S., 1998, Environmental Science & Economics
Rutgers University, 1993-1995
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- United States Tax Court
Notre Dame Law School – Intensive Trial Advocacy Program Instructor
Outback Bowl; Executive Member of the Board of Directors; 2017 Chairman of Board of Directors
Florida Hospital Foundation; Board of Directors
Pasco Sheriff’s Charities; Vice-Chairman of Board of Directors
Ducks Unlimited Pasco County; Chairman of Board of Directors
Tampa Hillsborough Economic Development Corp., Board of Directors, Executive Committee