How Shaun Helps Clients
Shaun Staller is a business immigration attorney with broad international experience, providing services in multiple languages. He counsels individuals and businesses across a variety of industries in adeptly navigating the complex and ever-changing U.S. immigration system in order to achieve their real world goals. He focuses his practice on employment-based visas and related compliance in both immigrant and nonimmigrant visa categories and also works closely with foreign entrepreneurs seeking to start new ventures or to invest in the U.S. Additionally, Shaun advises companies on employee documentation and compliance requirements and represents clients before federal agencies, including U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, the Department of Labor and the Department of State.
Shaun also provides legal counsel on family-based immigration matters and admissibility issues, including waivers of grounds of inadmissibility. He is also experienced in handling asylum applications.
Before law school, Shaun worked as a public policy and media professional, helping entities to build coalitions on the ground and to achieve their legislative goals throughout Pennsylvania.
- Nonimmigrant visas, including L-1, H-1B, O-1, TN, E-2, and Business Visitors
- Immigrant visa petitions, including persons of extraordinary ability and multinational executives/managers
- Consular processing
- Adjustment of Status
- Family-based petitions
- Waivers of Grounds of Inadmissibility
What Clients Can Expect
The U.S. immigration landscape is a large body of technical rules and procedures that are both complicated and confusing. It is constantly in flux and can be intimidating to those seeking to live, work and invest in the U.S. Shaun relies on his deep bench of practical experience and knowledge of the industry to formulate tailored strategies based on clients’ actual circumstances and goals. He can effectively translate the jargon and present requirements, potential obstacles and timelines in a direct and accessible way and will also work to secure immigration status for dependent family members whenever feasible.
Outside the Office
Shaun is an avid traveler and has lived abroad extensively in places including Barcelona and San Juan, Puerto Rico. He loves to learn new languages to further enrich cultural experiences and is currently studying Italian. Shaun is a Philadelphia native and a proud father of a sheltie, Shelby Lynn. Shaun also serves on the Board of Equality Forum, an LGBTQ civic organization geared toward education and civic engagement.
- Successfully prevailed on numerous NIV RFEs/Motions to Reopen or Reconsider/Appeals to AAO
- Selected to serve in-house on a secondment to global technology company during H-1B cap season
- Developed savvy strategies to overcome issues with new office establishment in connection with L-1 visa
- Prepared waiver applications that were successful in waiving unlawful presence (I-601A), prior convictions, and the I-751 signature requirement for a battered spouse, amongst other inadmissibility issues.
Temple University Beasley School of Law, J.D., 2014, cum laude
Barcelona Institute of International Studies, M.A., 2007, International Relations
University of Pennsylvania, B.A., 2006, magna cum laude, Political Science & Hispanic Studies
- New Jersey
American Immigration Lawyers Association, member
Pennsylvania Bar Association
American Bar Association
Equality Forum, Board of Directors