How Scott Helps Clients
Scott Oberlander represents businesses and individuals in labor and employment disputes, with a particular emphasis on employee raiding and recruitment matters. He also counsels employers regarding their best practices for protecting trade secrets and regularly drafts and negotiates restrictive covenants and confidentiality provisions in employment agreements. Scott has additional litigation experience counseling clients in various industries with respect to breach of contract claims, unfair and deceptive business practices, general employment disputes and administrative actions.
Prior to joining Buchanan, Scott litigated employment and other commercial disputes as an associate at a prominent law firm in Philadelphia. He is a former clerk to the Honorable Paulette Sapp-Peterson, J.A.D. of the Superior Court of New Jersey, Appellate Division, and a former intern for the late Senior District Judge Joseph E. Irenas, U.S.D.J. of the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey.
Scott has been named one of Pennsylvania’s Super Lawyers Rising Stars each year since 2019.
What Clients Can Expect
Scott is driven by a desire to meet every client’s unique needs and expectations. He is a diligent, efficient and detail-oriented worker who is responsive to all clients.
Outside the Office
In his spare time, Scott is an avid fan of Philadelphia and University of Michigan sports and loves seeing live music and spending time with his wife and young son.
- Successfully defended a financial services firm and its new employees against a competitor’s claims for breach of non-solicitation provisions and misappropriation of trade secrets
- Drafted new employment agreements containing restrictive covenants and confidentiality agreements for numerous employers
- Obtained a temporary restraining order and ultimately a favorable settlement against a client’s former employee who misappropriated trade secrets and disseminated them to his new employer
- Litigated trade secret misappropriation/breach of restrictive covenant action in federal court in New York against four former employees of a company, resulting in a favorable settlement just prior to trial
- Defended an international law firm in a legal malpractice case brought by its former clients, resulting in a dismissal of all claims against the firm
University of Pennsylvania Law School, J.D., 2011
University of Michigan, B.A., 2008
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
Philadelphia Bar Association
Associate Board Member, Anti-Defamation League
Board Member, University of Michigan Alumni Club of Philadelphia