How Bob Helps Clients
In moments of crisis, in the heat of litigation or for guidance on strategic decisions, clients rely on Bob for his employment law experience and his insight.
Bob has more than 35 years' experience representing management clients across the full spectrum of employment law, with a focus on litigation. He handles all aspects of employment litigation, including jury trials, administrative trials and hearings, and arbitrations. He is known for litigating efficiently and effectively to achieve a favorable result whether early dismissal, settlement, summary judgment or trial. Bob has successfully litigated employment discrimination, retaliation, sex and racial harassment cases, Fair Labor Standards Act actions and breach of contract claims.
The ability to function well under pressure is 90% preparation. Examine every aspect of a case or situation and learn all you can about your client and your client’s goals.
As an advisor, Bob applies his litigation experience and instincts to counsel clients in crisis situations or for preventative counseling on the many issues that can affect the employment relationship, including EEO issues, wage and hour issues, employee handbooks, employee benefits, personnel policies, reductions in force, affirmative action obligations, and strategies for employee discipline and termination.
Bob also handles litigation and counseling matters involving unions (including NLRA litigation and arbitrations), Family and Medical Leave Act, sexual and other forms of harassment, Fair Labor Standards Act compliance, Americans with Disabilities Act, and restrictive covenants (such as non-compete provisions).
What Clients Can Expect
Bob is dedicated to his clients. He is levelheaded under pressure and is known for his ability to quickly but carefully analyze a crisis situation and then help clients identify options, solve problems, mitigate risks, and move forward with a strategy that is based on good business outcomes.
- Florida Bar Board Certified in Labor and Employment Law
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Jacksonville Lawyer of the Year in Litigation - Labor and Employment (2013 and 2018) and Employment Law – Management (2016)
- AV® Preeminent, Martindale-Hubbell
- “Florida Legal Elite” and for many years
- Florida Super Lawyers annual list
- A leading labor and employment lawyer in Florida, Chambers USA
Outside the Office
Bob's practice and responsive style means he's nearly always working for his clients, talking to his clients or thinking about his clients. When he does relax, he likes to be physically active and enjoy the outdoors. Bicycling, boating, hiking and fishing are among his favorite activities. Bob is also the very proud Dad of two grown children.
Oien v SunTrust Bank, Case No. 4:15-Cv111-MW/CAS, United States District Court, Northern District of Florida. Order dated 8/26/16 granting partial summary judgment on plaintiff's claim of ADA retaliation.
- INTERNATIONAL BROTHERHOOD OF ELECTRICAL WORKERS, LOCAL UNION 222, v. SPE UTILITY CONTRACTORS FD, LLC, Case No: 8:14-cv-193-T-26TGW, United States District Court, Middle District of Florida. Order granting Motion for Summary Judgment for Defendant SPE, dated 10/06/2015, in case alleging that the employer violated the applicable collective bargaining agreement by allegedly failing to pay certain amounts the Union claimed were due or overdue.
Ebony Fletcher v. DCI Biologicals Orlando, LLC, Foreign Limited Liability Company, Case No: 1:12-CV-00203-RS-GRJ, United States District Court, Northern District Of Florida.Order granting Defendant’s Motion for Summary Judgment dated 10/21/2013 in FMLA case alleging interference and retaliation.
Jairo Cortez v. Tom Thumb Food Stores, Inc. D/B/A Ez Kwik Market, Case No. 1:12-Cv-20373-Mgc, United States District Court, Southern District Of Florida. Order Granting Defendant’s Motion for Summary Judgment dated 7/19/2013 in FLSA case alleging store manager was misclassified as exempt.
Jeannette Ewoldt v. Denny L. Robinson, Htg Distributors, Inc., et. al. Case No.3:03-cv-1073-J-20TEM (2006) Jury verdict for Defendants in Sexual Harassment Case.
Stetson University College of Law, J.D., 1981, cum laude
Stetson University, B.A., 1978
- Supreme Court of the United States (SCOTUS)
- Florida State Courts
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
The Florida Bar: Member, Labor and Employment Section; Member, Trial Lawyers Section Federal Bar Association
Stetson University College of Law Board of Overseers: Member, 2009-present
Fourth Judicial Circuit: Past Chairman, Professionalism Committee; Past Chair, Mentor Board
Jacksonville Bar Association: Past Chairman, Professionalism Committee
Stetson Lawyers Association: Past President
Episcopal Diocese of Florida: Vice Chancellor, Labor and Employment Matters
Christ Episcopal Church: Senior Warden, Ponte Vedra Beach, 2004-2006
Jacksonville Urban League Foundation Board
Jacksonville Urban League: Board of Directors, Past Chairman
Life Care Pastoral Services, Inc.: Past President, Board of Directors
Life Care Ponte Vedra, Inc.: Past President, Board of Directors
Multiple Sclerosis Society: Past President, North Florida Chapter
Rotary Club of Ponte Vedra Beach: Past President
- AEROSPACE & DEFENSE
- COMMERCIAL LAW
- DIVERSITY & INCLUSION COMMITTEE
- EMPLOYMENT-RELATED CLASS & COLLECTIVE ACTION LITIGATION
- FOOD & DRINK PRODUCERS
- FORESTRY & PAPER
- MEDICAL DEVICES
- TRAVEL & LEISURE
- WAGE PAYMENT & FAIR LABOR STANDARDS ACT (OVERTIME PAY)