- Represented a specialty pharmacy company in negotiations of a managed care contract valued at more than $100 million.
- Provided advice to a medical equipment company regarding options and strategies to address fundamental changes in Medicare reimbursement for power wheelchairs.
- Represented a long-term care provider in responding to a subpoena from the Office of Inspector General. His knowledge of the Inspector General's historical investigations and processes allowed him to narrow the focus of the subpoena and ultimately negotiate a settlement satisfactory to the company, the Inspector General and ultimately the Department of Health and Human Services.
- Represented a medical equipment manufacturer in its attempts to have the federal government revise its reimbursement code to include a product that provided not only traditional value, but also therapeutic value. Within two weeks of the engagement, the change in reimbursement coding was announced by the head of the administration at an annual industry conference.
- Represented a health care provider in a $14 million Medicare administrative appeal before the Provider Reimbursement Review Board.
- Designed, implemented and audited a corporate compliance program for a chain of long-term care facilities designed to ensure compliance with Medicare/Medicaid regulations and to minimize financial risk for inadvertent lapses in compliance.
We follow industry news and trends so you can stay ahead of the game. Subscribe to receive emails regarding policies and findings that impact you and your business.
Already a subscriber and want to update your preferences? Click here.