How Rajiv Helps Clients
Rajiv Khanna focuses on domestic, cross-border, and multijurisdictional mergers and acquisitions transactions, securities offerings, corporate finance, project finance and real estate. Rajiv has also supervised numerous litigations and investigations.
Rajiv is the architect of many seminal path-breaking transactions, including the first proposed reverse merger of an Indian privately held corporation with a NASDAQ-listed, publicly traded U.S. company; the first merger of a U.S. private company with a publicly traded Indian company; the first merger of a NYSE-listed Indian company with a NASDAQ-listed U.S. company and the first triple-dip aircraft financing, which allowed full depreciation to be claimed in the U.S., Japan and India for the same aircraft.
What Clients Can Expect
Rajiv uses not only his legal acumen, but also his business education to understand his clients’ needs and their business functions and objectives. He takes a practical and solutions-oriented approach to each transaction as he works through legal issues, always keeping his client’s ultimate business goals in mind.
I believe my job is to make things happen for my clients.
Outside the Office
Rajiv enjoys tennis and playing classical music on the sitar. He is deeply involved in U.S. – India investment and trade relations in his capacity as president of the India – America Chamber of Commerce.
- The Legal 500 United States (2016) Recommended in M&A/Corporate and Commercial M&A - middle market (sub-%00M)
- "Jewels of India" (2002)
- New York Super Lawyers (2006-2008)
- Represented a U.S. pharmaceutical company in its sale.
- Represented an Indian pharmaceutical company in its acquisition of a U.S. pharmaceutical company.
- Represented the U.S. subsidiary of an Indian company in its reverse merger into a U.S. SPAC.
- Represented an Indian ophthalmology company in a U.S. equity linked financing.
- Represented an Indian company engaged in smart cities projects in raising U.S. equity linked financing.
- Represented a management team in a management buy-out in a 363 sale.
- Represented an international company in settlement with Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation on control group
- Represented a U.S. technology company in its sale to an Indian company.
- Represented an Indian technology company in a private equity financing round from a U.S. private equity fund.
- Represented a U.S. pharmaceutical company in a round of private equity financing.
University of Miami School of Law, LL.M., first in class
University of Delhi, LL.B.
University of Delhi, B.B.A., Honors
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- New York
India-America Chamber of Commerce, President
Delhi High Court Bar Association, Executive Committee (1979-1980)