How Nyasha Helps Clients
Her work includes representing minors seeking immigrant juvenile status in proceedings before the immigration court and representing the parents of unaccompanied minors in custody and guardianship hearings. She also previously worked as a business immigration law clerk and paralegal, which gave her the opportunity to familiarize herself with various immigration-related court documents, develop her research and legal analysis abilities, and hone her legal writing skills by communicating with government agencies and drafting position papers and support letters.
Nyasha is also experienced in various stages of litigation and has served as a second chair at trials.
Nyasha was named to "Top 40 Under 40" in Pennsylvania by the National Black Lawyers in 2020 and also received a 2021 Best Lawyers: Ones To Watch recognition for Immigration Law and Labor and Employment Law: Employee.
What Clients Can Expect
Nyasha is a diligent advocate for her clients. As an immigrant herself, she understands exactly what her clients are going through and can guide them through the process based on a combination of her own experience as well as her legal acumen. She always ensures all her clients’ needs are met.
“Committed to assisting corporations and individuals navigate the complex immigration landscape – behind each application is a person or even an entire family, my goal is to help them realize their dream”
Outside the Office
Nyasha is a certified group fitness instructor and loves teaching dance fitness classes as well as taking dance classes and exercising. When she is not practicing law or teaching dance, she is spending time with her husband and their adopted pup. Nyasha was born in Trinidad and Tobago and came to the United States at the age of 19. She enjoys visiting her family in the Caribbean, volunteering through providing pro bono services and engaging in activities that allow her to experience different international cultures.
- Assist clients with the preparation, filing, and effective management of business and family immigration petitions and applications.
- Respond to Department of Labor PERM Audits and Requests for Evidence from USCIS.
- Assist in the development of case strategy for business immigration filings and immigration filings for dependents.
- Research and analyze issues that may affect immigrant and nonimmigrant admissibility.
University of Maryland Francis King Carey School of Law, J.D., 2007
Morgan State University, B.A., 2003, magna cum laude, Political Science
- Practice in PA limited to immigration matters
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Maryland Association for Justice
- Catholic Charities of Baltimore Volunteer Immigration Attorney
- Leadership York Class of 2013
- Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.