How Nelisa Helps Clients
Nelisa focuses her practice on a broad range of FDA matters, helping clients navigate the complex process from start to finish – from product development, to the eventual sale and marketing of it. She is knowledgeable on and comfortable working with federal agencies including the FDA, CMS, DEA and more.
What Clients Can Expect
Nelisa prides herself on being a resource for her clients, being available, knowledgeable and effective. Her goal is to provide clients with information they can understand and to bring them a unique perspective to assist them in making informed decisions.
I like to think that everything I do can have a bigger impact tomorrow so I always make my work count.
Outside the Office
Nelisa enjoys sodoku and jigsaw puzzles. She believes there’s something soothing about the process of completing a puzzle that challenges you while knowing there is a guaranteed end goal that you anticipate achieving. She is also an avid football fan (Go Ravens!) and has recently gotten into Formula 1, and hopes to make it to a race one day.
- Interned at AARP where she reviewed materials against FTC and FCC regulations
- Reviewed marketing, sweepstakes and various promotional materials to make sure they were in compliance with federal regulations
- Clerked for the Prince George’s County Circuit Court
- Drafted bench memoranda to assist the Judge in making informed decision on how to rule on various cases working on primarily civil matters but also handled criminal, and domestic cases as well.
- Howard University Intellectual Property and Trademark Clinic
- Educated clients on various requirements regarding rules and regulations of the USPTO
Howard University Law School, J.D., 2020, Charles Hamilton Houston Moot Court Team, Competition Co-Chair
University of Maryland, College Park, B.A., 2017, Criminology and Criminal Justice
University of Maryland, College Park, B.S., 2017, Family Science