How Michon Helps Clients
Michon Crawford represents Fortune 500 companies, universities, health systems and insurance companies in a variety of litigation matters including employment discrimination, FMLA violations, breach of restrictive covenants, state whistleblower violations, wrongful termination, breach of contract, heavy construction, managed care, negligent security and general liability defense matters. She has served as first and second-chair trial counsel in a variety of litigations and has conducted internal employment investigations for national insurance companies and other clients. Michon also advises clients on various other matters including employment law and policy review, employee training, analysis and negotiation of real estate, medical practice purchase and medical records software contracts, regulatory compliance and litigation risk analysis.
Michon has successfully written motions for summary judgment leading to dismissal of employment discrimination claims, whistleblower, breach of contract and negligence actions and has managed all aspects of litigation, including, conducting jury trials, taking and defending depositions, drafting and arguing discovery, dispositive and trial motions, conducting fact investigations, representing clients at mediations and settlement conferences, drafting pleadings, managing eDiscovery, drafting post-trial motions in federal and state trial courts and drafting and arguing appeals in federal and state appellate courts.
Outside the Office
Michon is a classically trained musician who enjoys singing in her church choir. She also enjoys bike riding and traveling. She lives in South Philadelphia with her centenarian mother.
- Successfully defended major university in sex discrimination case winning a defense verdict after a three day trial in federal court.
- Successfully defended a Fortune 50 food consumer products company in a multi-plaintiff suit as well as a separate single-plaintiff suit brought by mid-level managers obtaining summary judgment on race and sex discrimination claims that were upheld on appeal to the Third Circuit.
- Successfully defended a major university hospital in a whistleblower claim relating to allegations of improper dispensing of medication to patients with successful grant of summary judgment at the trial level and successful argument against employee’s appeal to the Pennsylvania Commonwealth Court that upheld the grant of summary judgment.
- Successfully negotiated a commercial lease dispute on behalf of a national not-for-profit social services organization sued by its landlord for breach of the lease.
Boston University School of Law, J.D., 1995
Bryn Mawr College, B.A., 1989, Economics, minor in French
Institut d'Etudes Francaises d'Avignon, Le Certificat Pratique from La Chambre de Commerce et d'Industrie, 1988
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
Member, Executive Committee of the Young Lawyers Division of the Philadelphia Bar Association, 1997-2000
Member, Stakeholders Partnership for Law & Public Safety, 1999-2000
President, Bryn Mawr College Alumnae Club of Philadelphia, 1997-1999
Member, Bryn Mawr College Reunion Fundraising Committees, 1998-1999, 2013-2014
Member, Bryn Mawr College Alumnae Association Nominating Committee, 2009-2012
Member, Bright Hope Baptist Church Board of Trustees (2017-present, including 2nd Vice Chairperson, Human Resources Committee Chairperson and Finance Committee Member)
Member, Bright Hope Baptist Church Mass Choir (2016-present)