How Melissa Helps Clients
An award-winning advocate, Melissa is an associate in the firm’s Antitrust and Litigation sections. Her practice focuses primarily on antitrust matters. Melissa has experience with government investigations, criminal and civil, merger review analysis, and class action litigation. She brings diverse legal research and writing experience that includes drafting substantive motions, briefs, and legal memoranda on various topics; evaluating antitrust issues to determine the potential of an agency investigation during an anticipated merger; researching and preparing presentations for FTC and DOJ merger review offices on clients’ behalf.
In addition, Melissa has strong managerial skills that she developed during activities such as overseeing and organizing an investigation related to a decades-long class action case and, managing economic experts.
What Clients Can Expect
Melissa will bring her antitrust and complex litigation experience to assist each client. Melissa’s creativity, research skills, and detailed approach to problem solving has been integral to the successful resolution to clients’ matters. Melissa is comfortable taking a leadership role in the matters she works on, and uses her substantial research skills to ensure cases are handled in the most efficient and effective manner.
Outside the Office
Melissa is originally from Columbus, Ohio and a Big Ten football fan. In her free time, Melissa enjoys adventure travel, hiking, rock climbing, and other outdoor pursuits with her two border collies. She also enjoys stand up and sketch comedy.
- Experience in a variety of “bet the company” antitrust litigations.
- Instrumental in developing the strategy to obtain agency approval in a merger between the two biggest companies in a market.
- Advised clients about potential antitrust risk related to mergers, joint ventures and investments.
- Defended clients in white collar prosecutions, investigations, and administrative proceedings.
- Recognized by the D.C. Bar for pro bono work. Experience working on immigration matters and assisting new organizations with obtaining and maintaining 501c3 status.
Vermont Law School, J.D., 2007
Vermont Law School, M.A., 2007, Environmental Law and Policy
Michigan State University, B.A., 1993, Biology, Intellectual History and English Literature
- District of Columbia
- New York
- Member, Private Governance Initiative Advisory Council of the Environmental Law Institute
- Board Member, Vermont Law School District of Columbia Alumni Association Board