How Melissa Helps Clients
Melissa is a litigator who has represented defendants and plaintiffs from the pre-litigation strategy stage through discovery, trial, and appeals. She has represented companies in commercial litigation on the civil side, as well as has represented individual and corporate clients in white-collar criminal defense cases and government investigations by the Department of Justice and the Securities and Exchange Commission. She also has represented clients in infringement actions before the U.S. International Trade Commission, federal district courts, and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.
You have to accept whatever comes, and the only important thing is that you meet it with the best you have to give - Eleanor Roosevelt
What Clients Can Expect
Helping clients navigate a very stressful and burdensome process successfully and in a way that is in line with business and personal goals is how she approaches her work. She enjoys thinking creatively to help clients avoid pitfalls and surmount obstacles. Melissa places paramount importance on being responsive to client questions and communications.
Outside the Office
Melissa enjoys spending time with her family going to the beach and hiking. She also enjoys cooking and reading.
- Defended death row prisoner pro bono, including writing portion of petition for certiorari to U.S. Supreme Court, and assisting in preparing successful clemency petition.
- Tried a one-week Section 337 investigation before the U.S. International Trade Commission alleging patent infringement in the field of LED-based lighting systems, secured a General Exclusion Order on behalf of the client, and successfully defended it in an appeal filed in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.
Cornell University, B.A., 1996
University of Virginia School of Law, J.D., 2001
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts