How Martin Helps Clients
Martin has experience representing individuals and businesses involved in litigation arising under state and federal laws, including Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), and 42 U.S.C. § 1981. He regularly represents clients in state and federal courts in Virginia, Maryland, and the District of Columbia, as well as before various administrative agencies.
Martin learned the value of providing pro bono legal services while working as a student attorney in his law school’s general practice clinic. There, he represented underprivileged individuals in domestic, employment and other civil matters in Maryland and the District of Columbia.
What Clients Can Expect
In order to effectively represent his clients’ interests, Martin works closely with his clients and their employees to develop a thorough understanding of their business and objectives. He is sensitive to the ever-rising costs of litigation and strives to develop case strategies that are both aggressive and cost-effective. Martin maintains regular communication with his clients to ensure that they are kept fully informed of pertinent developments at each stage of litigation.
Outside the Office
A native of Baltimore, Martin enjoys cycling and is an avid fan of the arts.
- Served as co-counsel in a discrimination case against a retirement community brought under Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and 42 U.S.C. § 1981, which resulted in summary judgment.
- Obtained dismissal of multiple fraud claims brought against major business consulting firm.
- Represented individual employee in defamation case brought against the employee and his employer, which resulted in a dismissal of all claims.
- Represented a hospitality services company in a lawsuit brought by a former employee for alleged violations of the ADA and FMLA. Matter resulted in a favorable settlement for the client.
American University, Washington College of Law, J.D., 2013, cum laude
Stevenson University, B.S., 2009
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland